Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Mini Clubman estate anyone?
  • phildowling
    Free Member

Anyone got a Clubman estate on here? Work out uber cheap on our company car plan and cheap Co2 as well. Been to look at one and liked it but how are they to live with?

Be looking at the Cooper D model with a tow bar for bike rack. I work as a Technical trainer for a clothing company so do about 25,000 a year.

Looked at the countryman as well but really not sure!

teagirl
    Free Member

FWIW I’d love one but with 5 of us, 1 dog and 5 bikes its a pipe dream. It’s just not big enough!!

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

Get plenty of sick bags for everyone else that has to look at it

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Horrid, horrid things.

I’d rather have the hideous and nasty Skoda Roomster; at least it’s less pretentious.

petefromearth

BoardinBob

Clubman isn’t much roomier that a normal Mini inside. We’ve ordered a Countryman and it’s massive inside compared to our current Mini. Proper boot too.

ianpinder
    Free Member

If you like it who cares what other people think! However I can’t get over having the speedo in the middle of the car

geoffj

They do look a little bit like a hearse for midgets IMHO

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Could be worse…..

Dibbs
    Free Member

Probably more “useful” space in one of these 🙄

lovell
    Free Member

I’ve had a clubman diesel for the last 2 and a half years, done 78,000 miles in it. Fun to drive, shocking build quality,not really got enough room in it. Had a fair amount of warranty work done, glad it is a company car, would not have been pleased if it had been my own money. Think I will get a Yeti greenline next time. I also work for a clothing company!!

john_drummer
    Free Member

Personally, I can’t really see the point of an “estate” car that’s smaller than some hatchbacks. If you want an estate, get an estate; if you want a mini, get a mini, but don’t compromise.

Northwind

Yeah, it’s really not that big, helped a mate move house with one of these and I reckon there’s more usable load room in the back of a standard Focus. Weird car, it seems to be for people who only need a small car but need it to look like a big car.

soops
    Free Member

Never had a clubman estate, but i did have a minivan 20 years ago.
    It was the same just without windows and seats. 😉

stumpy01

how are they to live with?

Doesn’t this mini come with a rear door that opens onto the road, not the pavement, if you park it on the ‘right’ side of the road?

Obviously ends up pavement side for the versions with the steering wheel on the wrong side.

rayc
    Free Member

Has only four seats. Stumpy01 is right – has single rear door that opens on to the traffic if you park kerbside while the front passenger seat belt is placed just right to trip anyone exiting from the rear. Nasty.

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Whoever would have thought someone would cash in on BL finest.

Pastiche central 😉

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Mini Clubman estate anyone?’ is closed to new replies.