• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DrJ.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Milan – What to do / Where to go?
  • fighttheburn
    Free Member

Bagged myself some stupidly cheap flights to Milan the other day.

Going early May – anyone got any suggestions as to the best things to do and see when there?

makkag
    Free Member

honestly , not a great city you can do the main parts in a day and its expensive .. i would sugest getting a train up to lake Como and spending an evening there .. i know the place there very well my friend runs a hostel on the lake in a place called mennagio – one of my most beautiful places in the world !

http://www.lakecomohostel.com/gallery.html#gallery/menaggio_view_from_beach.jpg

Let me know if you need any further info .. all this is 1 hour away from Milan !

binners

Nip round and see Silvio for a bunga bunga party, then arrange to have your enemies killed 🙂

I’d head out to the lakes too. Its absolutely stunning out there

kilo

if it’s stupidly cheap flights is it Milan Bergamo airport? Bergamo is outside Milan and is actually quite a nice place to spend a few days mooching aroun up in the old town

johnhe

Been the with work, not on hols. The centre of the town looks nice, and has some very chic looking shopping with Prada and Louis Vitton shops etc. but to be honest, it didn’t strike me as a great city to spend a few days. I agree that Como looks epic. The mountains are very close. Beautiful food and people.

I’ve been there several times, but only once in the centre, so take my advice with a pinch of salt.

makkag
    Free Member

Yeah Id second that Bergamo is a lovely place not sure its more than a days worth though there is a direct train to Varenna from there though !

mk1fan
    Free Member

Drive up the road to Pila and shred the gnarrnes

fighttheburn
    Free Member

kilo – Yep, flights to bergamo but can’r argue at £14 quid return! Think I’ll give Bergamo a day and maybe a day at the Lakes as well.

Makkag – that place does look truly epic. May have to pay your friends a visit.

binners – I’ve tried calling the big man but no answer, you never know eh….

Cheers for the advice folks

tommytowtruck

Bergamo is definitely worth a visit.

Bregante

Lake como is only about an hours train ride away and is stunning. Proposed to Mrs B there 😯

hels
    Free Member

You are quite close to Turin, go and see the Shroud. Trains are great in Italy !

DrJ

Lots to do in Milan. The “Navigli” area is one spot that is easily overlooked. Art galore, or course, including the Caravaggio at Pinacoteca Brera, and the Last Supper.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Milan – What to do / Where to go?’ is closed to new replies.