Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Mike Ferrentino slags off Brant'sTi Bars…..
  • TLR, mine isn't fully loaded, it's a bog standard GT spec. No upgrades whatsoever. Will probably change it next year for an oil burner of some sort (Golf or Scirocco) as the Type-R isn't suitable for the amount of miles I do nowadays (17000-20000 per annum).

toons
    Free Member

lol higs

the_lecht_rocks

apologies to the SC riders.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I took Singletrack for a couple of years I think, and in that time there were three articles that I genuinely enjoyed. One of them was by Ferrentino, but I think I stopped reading before he had a regular column.

The others were the pedalcars thing, and one by Jenn Hopkins IIRC which had a story in it about a dead tree on the south downs coming down in a storm.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Aghhh, the pedalcars article.

Truely dire.

MrSmith
    Free Member

i stopped reading ST when some navel-gazing sixth form prose about a bead of sweat rolling down someones leg was deemed worthy of publication.

has it improved since then?

StumpyRider
    Free Member

Don't suppose anyone posting here read Ferrentino's earlier article about internet "facts" then? Didn't think so…

miketually
    Free Member

Has this thread formed some sort of self-referential circle with Ferentino's articles forming the centrepoint?

MrAgreeable

I took Singletrack for a couple of years

As a suppository? 🙂

MrAgreeable

has it improved since then?

It's always had a bit of a "house style" summed up nicely by BD's jibes the other week about all the articles by someone who "gets the fear" when they ride over some roots. I like the current theme of middle aged blokes dabbling in DH though, that strikes a chord.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Just get out & ride

BigDummy
    Free Member

Shall we discuss The Ride Journal next? 😀

Shackleton

The lone voice. I quite like MF's columns. Don't always agree with him but do sympathise with him. And I rather like "angry with god for not existing", impotent rage style stuff anyway. Possibly because it strikes a chord with me! He often has a point beneath the often glib visceral ramblings (internet forum "truths" being a case in point….).

Maybe he doesn't enjoy all aspects of his job but I imagine being a moral person in marketing is enough to drive anyone to angry thoughts. I imagine if I was doing it I'd want to kill my bosses for thinking it acceptable to massage the truth, etc and the masses for falling for it. So maybe he should change job after all.

Hmm, feeling strangely tense for a sunny friday.

PaperLawyer
    Free Member

"my Honda's paint is sh1t and it cost me £25000

i complained direct to Honda UK however….. "

I don't think you can blame Honda for your decision to pay £25K for a Civic 😉 I'd have bought a DC5.

Honda paint is quite soft but the alloy wheel lacquer is even worse (as is the case for most Jap cars).

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Mike Ferrentino slags off Brant'sTi Bars…..’ is closed to new replies.