Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Metallica, ACDC, Led Zeplin?
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

CG I be a classical music man these days though I do still listen to the man who gave you your name and some other from that era but i wa smore of a hippy though I was only born in 1970.
    No mullet TJ but long hair (which my wife says I will keep till it leaves me) but not a metal fan at all just a Led Zep fan.

baa
    Free Member

NWOBHM, haven’t heard that in years have to admit some of the band were crap. The tygers of pang tang, angelwitch, diamond head, witchfinder general saxon, have to dig out the records now and give’m a listen.
    On another note saw the the damned, the alarm and henry cluny, from
    stiff little fingers the other week. the damned were ok, seen em lots of times. I use to really like the alarm, but they sounded dated.
    But henry culny from SLF, just him on his own **** great,
    down loaded the first three as soon as i got back.
    I’ve seen led zep & acdc bon scott era, both good night out

Sandwich

TJ Rush never was nor are they now a Metal Band.

twohats
    Free Member

Dr Dollitle -I do enjoy old music – even old rock. Listening to some 70s reggae right now.

However even tho I loved metal back in the 70s I find it virtually unlistenable now – it just has not stood the test of time – even classics from back then – let alone the bands that are still making this formulaic music now.

In your opinion old man, just because you don’t like it doesn’t make it unacceptable.

Oh, and reggae isn’t formulaic, the irony…

cinnamon_girl

two hats – I think you need to re-word your post, being age-ist is against the law 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sandwich – we certainly considered them to be so back in the 70s. No question they were considered to be.

Twohats – did I say it wasn’t?

Its not just my opinion – its the opinion of everyone with taste 😉

Come on – Spinal tap stole all the clichés – you ain’t got none left for your hair metal bands. No credibility left after that. Look who the fans are – Germans with mullets and leather waistcoats, yanks, spotty kids with no friends and bad hygiene and computer geeks.

Some things really should be left to die in peace. I was there first time around – and I tell you it was only barely acceptable then. I must did out a pic of me from that era

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sandwich – Member
    TJ Rush never was nor are they now a Metal Band.

Amen.

If you listen to 2112, TJ, you’d understand what it’s really about.

Now then, what about some new stuff, The Answer. Rock-tastic.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

CFH – I know what 2112 is about – but its still pretentious twaddle.
    I do find it interesting that Rush are not considered a metal band now because they certainly were then to us. What would you call them? Pomp rock? Hair Metal?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Prog, TJ, Prog.

twohats
    Free Member

Its not just my opinion – its the opinion of everyone with taste

You seem to be very alone on this considering peoples opinion on here and how big the current metal scene is.

Come on – Spinal tap stole all the clichés – you ain’t got none left for your hair metal bands.

What’s hair metal got to do with it and who listens to that (besides the Germans, but that doesn’t count, I mean the Hoff is big over there FFS)????

Some things really should be left to die in peace. I was there first time around – and I tell you it was only barely acceptable then.

Blah blah blah, Spouting stuff like that make you sound sad and very old.

I must did out a pic of me from that era

Please don’t as I’m sure it’ll be as sad as the guff you type on here.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

come on two hats – I’m only having a bit of fun with you all. don’t be so sensitive “methinks you protest to much” 🙂

how big the metal scene is

and you say I’m sad. How big is it? what chart albums have there been recently?

CFH – wiki “Musically, Rush’s style has evolved over the years, beginning in the vein of blues-inspired heavy metal on their first albums, then encompassing hard rock, progressive rock, and a period dominated by synthesizers” so perhaps we were both right as that would have been written by fans

We certainly thought of them as heavy metal in the early to mid 70s

twohats
    Free Member

I’m drunk and slightly sensitive at the moment TJ 😕

Charts!!! Oh dear…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Let you off then two hats. I will accept that I have been a tinsy bit provocative on this thread.

As for charts – if the “scene” is that big surely some of the big albums sold enough to make it into the charts?

twohats
    Free Member

I don’t follow “charts” and they don’t mean much and they never really have as there are so many ways of massaging the total units sold.

Charts don’t ever represent how big a particular music scene is.

fizzer
    Free Member

I’d say Rush are prog. Love Metallica Zep & Bon Scott AC/DC.

Want a guitarist? Check out John Petrucci on YouTube.

Hairychested
    Free Member

Metallica any time, Akka Dakka when driving, Zappelins twice a year a most – not my stuff.

zaskar
    Free Member

These are the bands that made me buy a guitar!

Becoming a bit mainstream though.

Led Zeps ‘Rock n Roll’ rocks my socks.

JamesM
    Free Member

Led Zeppelin were never a Metal band, IMHO. Blues/Rock is where they hung their hats. Their live set at Knebworth in ’79 was awesome – and that’s not a American ‘awesome’ btw.
    AC/DC should have called it a day after Back in Black, and I could leave Metallica on the shelf forever. Not my cup o’ tea at all.

Agree with Cinnamon Girl though – Joe Bonamassa (especially live) is fabulous.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Metallica – nope.

AC/DC – absolutely.

Led Zep – mostly.

And an honourable mention for the might that is Black Sabbath.

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Metallica, ACDC, Led Zeplin?’ is closed to new replies.