Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Mens Tennis Final – spoiler
  • higgo
    Free Member

Contrast curdled milk products with calcium carbonate.

I tried but really struggled.

j_me
    Free Member

unforced errors seems to be the big difference to me.

Agreed…..and the fact he served like a girl. 😉

<edit> to be fair he was well beaten from quite early on. Jokovic was on form </edit>

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

It must be a mental issue as he clearly has the physical game

I think the Aussies call it a “choker”

tree-magnet
    Free Member

Well, that went well. 3 Grand slam finals and a combined set total of 9 lost, 0 won?

Crikey, that’s some “battaling spirit” he’s got there. I hope he wins one eventually, just to see the arguments between all the anti English Scots and anti Scot English! 🙂

johnners
    Free Member

Contrast curdled milk products with calcium carbonate

You are Colin Hunt.

j_me
    Free Member

Is that rhyming slang?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

It was scheduled to finish at 11:30 on Eurosport, and it is now 11:25 – what did they know that we didn’t – I suspect a conspiracy…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

lhs – its the fact you prefer to believe an anti scottish construct faked by the media than the truth because it fits in better with your petty prejudices.

LHS
    Free Member

TJ – you’re just looking a fool right now. I would stop whilst you’re behind.

Please refer to my previous post where i stated that I hate all varieties of anti-nationism (if that’s a word) incl anti-scottish. I come across it being from a different nation family myself.

Hairychested
    Free Member

TJ, the kettle and the pot?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

LHS – So why do you believe the faked up construct that Murray is anti english – you should know better.

hairy – I ain’t anti English – that would be really stupid given my english name, birthplace, accent, parentage 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Listen to this- this is the true story of what happened.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqQsHBwkDgQ[/video]

druidh
    Free Member

TJ – you should know by now that there’s nothing you can say in the face of ignorance and bigotry which will have any effect.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Just drop this stupid anti-English/Scottish thing FFS! Always descends into utter sh** arguments on this site nowadays.

Murray does not have charisma and it’s nothing to do with the media, he was a complete boring drone when he started playing tennis before the media even got into him. He needs a good shake up as he has the potential to be a huge earning potential but I find myself not wanting to support someone who is so dour, grumpy and boring that I switch it off rather than listen to his moaning.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I suppose so. Its always good to try to shine a light on it tho.

cbrsyd
    Free Member

Well you simply show yourself to be ignorant and anti scottish with a huge chip on your shoulder then.

Doesn’t that apply to all scottish sports fans?
    Never met one who wanted an english man (or woman) to win.

tiggs121
    Free Member

The bottom line is that his defeat has nothing to do with charisma, being supposedly “anti-english” or being Scottish it is because he didn’t play well enough to beat a very good opponent.

For what it’s worth I don’t think he’ll ever be good enough to win a major. A bit like Montgomerie in golf and Hearts in football.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

it is all a mental game at that level, apart from the technical excellence of Federer – but he has beaten everyone and he just needs to learn to control himself under pressure.

Djoc has done it before and is on a high because he is enjoying his tennis after the Davis cup last year – Murray should take note.

There are parrallels between Conners who wouldn’t play Davis cup and Conners also being foul mouthed on court.

neninja
    Free Member

I just don’t like him.

He’s a dull, humourless individual who bottles every major final he reaches. He got totally out classed today and lacked any response. I doubt he’ll ever win a Grand Slam title.

chewkw
    Free Member

LOL! This silly boy will never win a Grand Slam if he thinks his “McEnroe” temper will see him through. The way to break him is to wind him up to get his temper going then go for the kill.

Oh … he does not have the look of a champ and is not a person that someone can warm up to. Nil charisma whether you like it or not which explain a lot about that person.

😆

Spongebob
    Free Member

I remember his anti-Engish remarks – supporting opposing teams to England etc.

It was a pleasure to see him loose today. I, like him, was supporting the opposing player, the Serbian.

Murray deserves some of his own medicine!

Once a racist, always a racist.

Hope he never wins!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Spongebrain – I suggest you listen to the video link above which explains the truth. You have been suckered into believing a lie told by the media.

Just open your ears and your mind and listen.

LHS
    Free Member

Just open your ears and your mind and listen.

You were there were you? Or are you just going on what Henman tells you?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

druidh – Member

TJ – you should know by now that there’s nothing you can say in the face of ignorance and bigotry which will have any effect.

Point proven Druidh.

higgo
    Free Member

I remember his anti-Engish remarks – supporting opposing teams to England etc.

No you don’t, they never happened. It’s all a conspiracy (despite Henman in that ‘video’ saying he heard it).

I believe he invoked the ‘it was only a joke’ defence, which is only one step away from ‘some of my best friends are English’

Still, at least he didn’t say anything tongue-in-cheek about women officials and the offside rule.

LHS
    Free Member

Thought not! 🙄

Zedsdead
    Free Member

LHS – I saw the full interview and I think it’s a shame he’s been made to look like an England hater.

I think he got over how nasty the press are a long time ago though.

Kit
    Free Member

I think he got over how nasty the press are a long time ago though.

The press have gotten over it, but clearly the lay-man hasn’t. Give over for **** sake.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Kit, I was never under it.

I personally think he will do it one day. And do it for Britain too. He may even smile when he does haha!…

edhornby

the furore over the ‘anyone but england’ supposed comments are the reason that sportsmen and women just utter endless platitudes, precisely because no-one trusts the press to report a personal opinion responsibly or even handedly….

anyway, I’m glad he got beaten, further proof that the LTA get a ginormous amount of money that they don’t deserve and do nothing with.

iDave
    Free Member

it amuses me that it’s not enough for the great unwashed that someone has a great talent, determination and works their arse off to succeed. they are expected to be cheerful, funny, attractive, anglophiles etc. sod that.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

edhornby – if you’re infering that Murray was the recepient of cash and support from the LTA get your facts right. Murray wasn’t a product of the LTA system. He moved to Spain in his early teens to a Tennis Academy because his family and he realised he would have a better chance of making it OUTSIDE the LTA system.

Re the final – Djokovic was outstanding, just as he was in the semi when he demolished the best player ever. He didn’t allow Murray to play. Murray has beaten him in their three previous matches.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

The fact Murray had beaten Djokovic in their previous 3 meetings is irrelevant. I would rather loose those three and win a grand slam!!
    Think his mother may be driving force too ….she looks crazed!!

gordimhor

Chrysd no

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Mens Tennis Final – spoiler’ is closed to new replies.