Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • 'Mediums' "Is there anybody there?"…… your views…
  • barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Was it 'phoenix nights' where they had the medium who came out with the immortal line 'I'm getting the word nonce' ? Quality 😆

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

same old shite?

Of course. Why would a piece of wood pulp overprinted with a series of differently coloured dots combining to make images somehow know the future?

Blower
    Free Member

**** knows you tell her 😛

mogrim

mogrim – I've argued this point with the wife on several occasions. My concern is that when somebody is grieving, they'll seek comfort from wherever they can get it, and I despise the fact that there are cynical f***ers describing themselves as 'spiritual mediums' who are prepared to take advantage of such situations.

Still not convinced: I look on this type of spending as morally similar to spending money on beer. Tastes great, nice at the time, but ultimately you're basically wasting your money – it's not like you get anything to keep (other than maybe bruises / STDs / a Las Vegas wife) out of it. But, as long as your not spending more than you have, as long as you don't need alcohol to keep you going – what's the problem? So someone (in my case, a brewery, in another's case, a medium) makes money out of me? Who cares?

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Are you sure you're not the wife? That's the same argument she uses, damn you!

dufresneorama
    Free Member

It is all complete nonsense.

Although quite convincing…that's what these people do, convince you by preying on insecurities and weaknesses.

There is no supporting evidence for ghosts/spirits/fairies/orbiting teapots what-so-ever. People that believe in this sort of garbage astound me even more than theists do!

🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

**** knows you tell her

I shouldn't have to – can't she just read her cards? 😉

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Here we go 😯

tron
    Free Member

Still not convinced: I look on this type of spending as morally similar to spending money on beer. Tastes great, nice at the time, but ultimately you're basically wasting your money – it's not like you get anything to keep (other than maybe bruises / STDs / a Las Vegas wife) out of it. But, as long as your not spending more than you have, as long as you don't need alcohol to keep you going – what's the problem? So someone (in my case, a brewery, in another's case, a medium) makes money out of me? Who cares?

My view is that people who are prepared to believe this claptrap, and then go to the effort of seeking out a medium may not be in a great mental state. That's fine if the medium says "So and so's happy where they are and they want you to go on with your life", but could be incredibly destructive if the medium says "So and so's never forgiven you for XY&Z". The medium then holds a massive amount of power over their client, either to screw their mind up or to relieve them of cash.

For that reason, I think going to a medium can be a hugely risky business for some people. I'd be amazed if it isn't a method used for recruitment by cults.

Hell, I'd sooner people went and took up religion, and I'm a lifelong atheist.

gonefishin
    Free Member

Well if people really want to know the harm that Psychics can do, have a look at this

http://whatstheharm.net/psychics.html

IanMunro
    Free Member

That's nothing. You should see what the Physicists can do, have a look at this

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If mediums are good, would a large be better?

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Apparently some "mediums" plant actors in the audience. I think Derren Brown said in his book that Doris Stokes was known for this.

If you get a chance, read Derren Browns book, very entertaining and covers all sorts of subjects from debunking mediums to how to improve your memory. Willing to take the mickey out of himself as well. I really enjoyed it.

Tiger6791

My frame is a medium…….

I'll get my coat..

Geronimo
    Free Member

A load of nonsense.

What makes me chuckle about this subject are the religious people who will always warn of the 'dangers' of mediums, spiritualism, fortune telling etc., when it is just a different form of exactly the same thing. Both are un-provable comfort blankets that require a suspension of disbelief, suggestibility and blind faith in what the person conducting the service says.

Rich
    Free Member

My sister went to see a 'medium', and she was told her husband is going to cheat on her around christmas time with her friend! Really cheered her up that did, and to think she paid money for it.

They almost split up over it at the time, though he never did do it (as far as anyone knows).

Load of rubbish IMO, but at least most of them tell people what they want to hear.

trickydisco
    Free Member

My sister went to see a 'medium', and she was told her husband is going to cheat on her around christmas time with her friend! Really cheered her up that did, and to think she paid money for it.

I thought medium's contact the dead/spirits and a clairvoyant tries predicts future events?

Blower
    Free Member
    zaskar
    Free Member

If they could they would be part of culture and seen outside Tesco instead of the RAC man selling breakdown cover.

Is anybody there? well can you tell the 6 numbers of the lotto please, cheers Dave.

I had this scary dream this morning, lifted out of bed and pinned against the wall by Amityville ghost etc. Its a dream so not worth worry and my butt wasn't sore -no gay ghost then phew. So I went to sleep again. 👿

Just fear and giving people what they want to hear.

tron
    Free Member

What makes me chuckle about this subject are the religious people who will always warn of the 'dangers' of mediums, spiritualism, fortune telling etc., when it is just a different form of exactly the same thing.

I'm not religious, or a fan of religion. But generally priests, vicars, imams, rabbis etc. sincerely believe in what they do, do not charge by the hour, and are regulated to some extent by the religion they practice.

On the other hand, there's a good chance that a medium will be a charlaton on the look out for a mug.

So whilst there might not be the horrible spiritual dangers the religious types refer to, there are definitely other real risks.

Rich
    Free Member

trickydisco – Member
    I thought medium's contact the dead/spirits and a clairvoyant tries predicts future events?

Yes you're right, sorry!

I try not to pay too much attention. 🙂

zaskar
    Free Member

I saw this lady today, she was a medium, 34-25-34 so I took her phone number and have a date next week.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

The tarot card and astrology thing is a good bird-puller; it's how I got my first GF. This "mystical" stuff how the hairy people of Glastonbury get their leg over:

I recall sitting in Becketts pub listening to a (not unattractive) goth girl droning on about us all being "sexual beings". On another occasion, a mate received a full tits flash from some hippy nubiles; apparently he looked like Andrew Lloyd-Webber – go figure.

Becketts Pub in Glasto. Take Tarot cards, get laid.

Flaperon

I saw a psychic the other week. She wasn't particularly miserable, but she wasn't elated either. I think she was just a happy medium.

*pause for laughter*

chewkw
    Free Member

They should tell you what they know instead of asking you questions so the answer they give you should not be in the public domain as anyone can guess that.

🙄

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘'Mediums' "Is there anybody there?"…… your views…’ is closed to new replies.