Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • McNair Mountain Shirts
  • suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Anyone have experience of these?
    Worth the money? Mid or heavy weight for UK winters?
    Ta.

bonjye
    Free Member

I’ve had a midweight for about a year. Wear it all the time – very versatile and comfortable. Copes well with a wide range of temperatures and conditions. They’re very well made and mine still looks pretty new. Weight wise, I’d say the midweight is more of a spring / autumn jacket and I turn to something warmer on colder days.

brant
    Free Member

Natalie who makes them is lovely.

yosemitepaul

Had one for a year now, merino mountain shirt. Fantastic, truly an awesome piece of kit. Expensive yes, but it fits beautifully, looks good and is made out of a real material rather than recycled plastic bottles.
    So good, that my wife bought one (different colour) too.
    McNair themselves are good guys and great to speak to / deal with.

dickster
    Free Member

Another thumbs-up here. I have the middle weight version.
    As with the others, had one for a year and it’s a super bit of kit, wore it most of last winter and went snowboarding in it in end march/april. Was flawless.
    Am thinking of getting another but in a different colour. I know a few people who have them and have yet to hear anything even slightly negative.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Excellent! Good to hear just positives.
    Button pushed…

biglee1

I tried one on at the Keswick mountain festival, it fit really well, I struggle with arm length being long enough. Top quality shirts but couldn’t pull the trigger on £300+ although tbh I could see me wearing it a hell of a lot. My mind could be changed 😉

stevomcd
    Free Member

Got a mid-weight that I wear a lot. Wear it snowboarding in the Spring when the weather’s good. Needs another layer underneath for that, but I tend to run hot so I prefer the mid-weight to the heavy and just wear something underneath on the mountain.

Beautiful thing to wear, a lot of cash for sure but you won’t be disppointed in it.

I should probably qualify that I’m a mate of Neil’s!

benp1

Not heard of them before, looks like a UK version of the NZ Swanndri, very popular amongst bushcrafters. There are a few others around making something similar, like tweed/wool hoodies or Bison Bushcraft shirts

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘McNair Mountain Shirts’ is closed to new replies.