Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • mayhem – did they enforce the "no ipod" rule??
  • sockpuppet

was wondering how everyone got on, since i'm stuck overseas, and so looks like i missed the mythical 'dry mayhem'…

while looking at the OSMM page for updates or results i spotted the 'no ipod' rule. from the home page:

Important Note for Riders

No Personal Hi-fi / Ipod etc to be worn whilst riding at Mayhem.

did they enforce this? i rode solo the last two years, and riding without music in one ear would have been torture! make make me think twice about soloing next year as i had planned.

so, how did everyone get on? was it enforced??

valleydaddy
    Free Member

yes at the start I saw a couple of guys getting "told off" by a course marshall.

Not sure if it was enforced by the marshalls out on the course.

In the depth of night a couple of riders had mobile phones attached to the bars playing tunes to everyone – sweet!!

Harry_the_Spider

If you do http://www.hitthenorth.net you can bring your frigging bagpipes.

Picto
    Free Member

Saw one or two people wearing ear phones today (Sunday).

robinbetts
    Free Member

Didn't know about this rule! Was soloing and I only got the ipod out for one lap, but kept me sane for that last one at 1am before a couple hours of kip!

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

That note on the website only came up at the last minute – I didn't see it, it wasn't in the rule book, and since you couldn't hear the briefing at the start, I had no idea.

Listen to tunes on the lonely bits of every lap until someone told me after I finished my last lap!

Sort of makes sense I suppose. Shame as I do like tunes while riding.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘mayhem – did they enforce the "no ipod" rule??’ is closed to new replies.