Home Forums Bike Forum Maxxis tyres

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Maxxis tyres
  • lerk
    Free Member

Hi all,
    I’ve just received a maxxis Crossmark in 29″ flavour ready to put on the back of my bike for the summer – optimistic aren’t I???!
    Anyway, I bought it based on a google shopping search followed by a choice of bike shops which A) I’d heard of before and B) I knew were located in England
    Now the tyre has arrived it doesn’t quite look right… The plastic store hanger thing looks fine, but the decals on the tyre itself look wrong, the maxxis label is white and although the tyre was described as being exception series, there is no label as such on the tyre. It just doesn’t look like the same brand as a 26″ version I have.

Are there such a thing as knock off tyres or is this likely to be an OEM number or something of that nature?

davewalsh
    Free Member

Pics ?

darrenspink
    Free Member

Won’t be knock off. Seen ardents with a white maxxis logo as well.

lerk
    Free Member

Sam

Take some pics and get in touch with One Industries, they are the official UK importer and I’m sure can tell you if they are legit.

jruk
    Free Member

It’s too big. Must be fake. Who the hell uses 29″ tyres?

lerk
    Free Member

They seem to fit my 29″ rims perfectly for some reason!!! ;)

jruk
    Free Member

29″ rims? Have I missed something? :lol:

lerk
    Free Member

Only the boat – can you swim?… :D

jruk
    Free Member

I live in Devon. I have gills it’s been raining so bloody much! Who needs a boat.

ps: they look real to me – these are 650b but the label is white and my HR2 has a white HR2 label

lerk
    Free Member

Whereas this is what my 26″ one looks like…

Hmmm, I wonder if they’ve had a new graphic designer?

tinribz
    Free Member

Maybe they’re personalised. Bought this Jan and defo a summer tyre.

lerk
    Free Member

After a bit more digging, it definitely appears they have a new designer… This is the oh facial maxxis photo from the website…

Although there’s still nothing on the tyre to tell me it’s an eXCeption one. Hey oh, we’ll stick it on and see if it behaves like one – in a few weeks anyway… Mud-x’s are more suitable ATM!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis tyres’ is closed to new replies.