Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Maxxis Forekaster, what's the thinking of the tyre nerds?
  • Northwind

My thinking is, Maxxis have made a Nobby Nic, for some mental reason, and they’ve done an excellent job of recreating Schwalbe’s most disappointing tyre. Fitted it and thought, this looks like it has no edge grip. Rode it and thought, correct. It’s not that fast, it’s not really good at anything… Except i’s light, so might do for a spiky xc tyre? But I don’t think it does anything else as well as a dhr2.

I’ll give it another crack in case it was just a greasy day but it seems to be bollocks. Unless of course you want to buy a 20-mile-old 29er Forekaster in which case it’s awesome.

mboy
    Free Member

Only done a few rides on mine so far, but far happier with it than you are yours. Certainly it grips better in the corners than the Nobby Nic anyway.

Gonna move it from the front to the back (with a Huck Norris in) on my HT soon, put a Minion back on the front probably.

woodster

Oh dear. I’ve got a whole bunch of 29 tyres I’m not all that keen on with low miles sitting in the shed.

You have at least convinced me that I don’t want a 2.6 Nobby Nic though despite wanting to see if the “plus fuss” was worth listening to.

Northwind

The day they make a good nobby nic will be the final sign of the end times tbh. It must be intentional, they’ve made enough different versions by now that one of them should have been good just from infinite monkeying.

jam-bo

I really like them. If/when the conditions get sloppier I might go for a shorty up front and a forekaster rear.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Forekaster, what's the thinking of the tyre nerds?’ is closed to new replies.