Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Maxxis Advantage – Anything better for the money
  • lowey

After a venture into the world of expensive tyres with some Nobby Nic's I've worn them out and was thoroughly unimpressed. I used to use Conti verticals, but the Maxxis seem a good price at 16. Anyone got any thoughts before I part with my hard earned.

slowrider
    Free Member

at £16 they are probably the steel bead version so not that light. they come up big too so be warned! ive only heard good stuff from people ive known use them but ive never tried them myself.

devs
    Free Member

I know someone who has just taken one off the front and relaced with a high roller as he felt it was washing out but this was on a new summer season which he hasn't really got used to yet. I on the other hand am just going to swap the other way. Well at least I will if the weather gets better again. I've never ridden an Advantage but want to try it.

nickc

They're a bit slidey in the slop, but roll well, not massively heafty, they're OK, 7/10

hicksville
    Free Member

i like them on the back 2,25 big volume fast rolling drifty in mud

tails
    Free Member

try some maxxis rendez but don't tell anyone i told you, they really bite in the corners.

cp

I really rate them- got the 2.1 ones from crc, 70 compound Kevlar bead. Used th at the classic weekender and was amazed at their grip in loose grit gravel and on the rocks! Could really lean on the front. About 23 quid each I think 🙂

jonb
    Free Member

I found the 70a ones a bit sketchy on the front. They are fast rolling though. Gone back to prefered fire xc pro folding.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

how about running a 70a advantage on the rear with a super tacky high roller on the front?

knottie8
    Free Member

Maxis larsen TT xc 2.0 wonderful rubber.

allyp
    Free Member

im riding Advantages 2.1 at the moment after they were recommended by a friend, just got the cheap ones from CRC, i like them as a good all rounder, bought them to replace Fire XC Pro's which i thought were crap !

Junkyard
    Free Member

your tyres are fine slicks is this years tread
    and

johnners
    Free Member

how about running a 70a advantage on the rear with a super tacky high roller on the front?

That's what I run (more or less – the Advantage is 62a I think). It suits me. I must confess I've never tried an Advantage on the front, I've somehow got it into my head it's a rear tyre.

Vortexracing

Just got one on the front of mine 2.25 62a

seems ok

got the kevlar bead one from just riding along – 610grms

steve_b77
    Free Member

For the £16 you'll pay they're a great tyre.

Cracking @ trail centres and on natural stuff alike, clear mud well

lowey

Well thanks to Junkyard pointing out the slick nature of my rear tyre, I'll be banging one of these babies on there. Cheers chaps.

Oh and Graham…. you lurker… fookin sign up!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Maxxis Advantage – Anything better for the money’ is closed to new replies.