Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Mavic Crossmax 135 * 12 adaptors – where to get?
  • AndreyE
    Free Member

Hi all,

The title says it all. I’ve tried googling, there are some 142 * 12 options, but not 135 * 12. Apparently they’re either too old or always come stock so not much out there.

Wheels are 2010.

chakaping
    Free Member

Which crossmax?

On the older SX you just pull out the QR ones and they are ready for 135×12.

AndreyE
    Free Member

The 2010 ones – are they ‘older’ or not?

OwenP

I have 2009 Crossmax SX,

As above, they come come with a 135×12 setup, including adapters for skinny QR already fitted (mine did).

They are just little plugs (about 10mm deep) with a rubber band/seal part way down. I poke mine out using the end of the QR (gently) when i need too. There’s 10mm axle adapters available too.

EDIT: think the 2009 and 2010 were pretty much the same, the ‘new’ ones are post-2011 i think.

More tech info & the parts diagram from mavic is on the tech docs website: http://www.tech-mavic.com/tech-mavic/technical_manual/data/logon.php
    Username: mavic-com
    Password: dealer

chakaping
    Free Member

The 2010 ones – are they ‘older’ or not?

Pretty sure they will be like that. Mine might even be 2010s. Design went unchanged for a few years anyway IIRC.

AndreyE
    Free Member

That’d be ideal, thanks.

They’re grey rims and white hubs.

AFAIK there was a change in rear hub design around 2008/09, they went from grey hubs (circa 08/09) to the new design white ones (10/11) so hope it applies to my version 🙂

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Pull the QR adaptors out. Job done; conversion complete. An allen key in the hole and hooked on is ideal for this

AndreyE
    Free Member

Thanks!

They come with 142 * 12 adaptors on, I assume it just means I’ll need to take them off and that’s it?

Thanks guys for the advice. Greatly appreciated.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Mavic Crossmax 135 * 12 adaptors – where to get?’ is closed to new replies.