Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Matters of HA, BB drop, sag & A2C length [Cryptic fork length for Soul content]
  • bonchance
    Free Member

Anyone have a preferred fork (length/travel) setup for a Soul? (i.e. tried a few?)

The quoted 70deg INCLUDES sag @ 25% (Good!) but is that for 100mm or 120mm..

[Of course I can check it with Cotic but interested in others experiences really 🙂 ].

Back story:

Really interested in a Soul.

But I’m getting confused by geometry, don’t want to over analyse this, but keen to understand it.

I heard that 1cm under the crown may take 1deg off the head angle.

Looking at other ‘trail’ bikes like the Whyte 19/905 with 120mm forks, that makes sense (they seems to quote about -2deg off the 100mm equipped 20c/x8’s and a 10mm higher BB) [Conclusion same angles longer fork, no changes to frame!?]

cynic-al
    Free Member

I heard that 1cm under the crown may take 1deg off the head angle.

1.7cm actually

orange
    Free Member

120mm rebas – sorted

The quoted 70deg INCLUDES sag @ 25% (Good!) but is that for 100mm or 120mm..

70 degree figure is for 100mm fork

catvet
    Free Member

I run my Cotic Soul with a Fox 120mm travel and its angles are exactly as the geek scale on the Cotic web site.
    If I were to look for a similar bike I would look at a slightly softer head angle and correspondingly slightly steeper seat angle.
    Having said that the Soul weighs in at 23.75 lbs with no carbon bits!
    Good bike

bonchance
    Free Member

Thanks – really useful feedback!

[Thinks out loud]

Hmm to build a sweet Reba’s Soul or just buy a (slightly slacker, but taller BB’d) Whyte 19ali/905/19steel..

Never get exactly what you want – but Whytes come close! With Evans 10% off bikes + quidco it’s hard to get close to the specs in budget for the Soul..

Hmm and then there is the value king that is Boardman to consider.

/

bonchance
    Free Member

ps missed the geek scale @ cotic – thanks for that

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Matters of HA, BB drop, sag & A2C length [Cryptic fork length for Soul content]’ is closed to new replies.