Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Mates Gfriend – Another Bloke "Sniffing" What to say?
  • MartinGT
    Free Member

My mate is a bit down after one of his gfriends male friends seems to be sniffing around her. Ive told him he has nothing to worry about as she wont cheat on him. She just doesnt seem that girl.

This bloke does seem a goon. He is a single lad and doesnt seem that bad, but when he is with my mates bird and her mate he is always saying stuff like “Oh I wish I had a girlfriend like you”

My mates gfriend jokes about this with her mate infront of him and it seems to have pissed him off a little. I dont know why, she doesnt hide anything from him, she lives with him, she spends a lot of time with him.

He says its inappropriate him saying these things to her as she is in a relationship with him. I dunno maybe it is?

Ive told him to try and relax as his gfriend aint going anywhere, aint doing anyone etc.

What more can I say? Tell him to pan this kid and ruin his relationship, is it inappropriate of him to say these things? Its never when my mates around, its always when he is alone with her?

hels
    Free Member

Say nothing – stay out of it. NEVER get involved in other people’s relationships.

neil853
    Free Member

Depends on the bloke but it would piss me off if someone who had baltent intentions of f***ing my girlfriend, but thats his problem to sort out not yours, sorry if that seems harsh but unless you see something while you’re out having a drink or whatever, your hands are tied. From your point of view i’d just keep saying what you’re saying and offer him level headed support and advice.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Not.
    Your.
    Problem.

Cougar

Doesn’t matter what the goon thinks, the onus to be faithful is down to her. If he trusts her, there isn’t a problem; if he doesn’t trust her, they’ve got a bigger problem than the goon.

First Relationship Syndrome?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I take it he has told his GF how he feels about this chancer? If not then he should. from experience its hard to appear reasonable after you have owned someone with bombers and pi55ed in their shoes without expressing your feelings to your GF first. The GF needs to know he is well and truly fed up with this lads behaviour before you get out your bombers.

DaveRambo

It’s not appropriate to say anything to anyone about anything.

Your job, as a mate, is to be there to pick up the pieces/get drunk (but not too much) with him, if/when it all goes wrong.

MartinGT
    Free Member

I know its not my problem and I am staying out of it as much as I can, but I cant tell my mate “Sorry pal, your call”

He is a little insecure from a past relationship thats all. He seems to have sorted himself out this last day or two and seems a lot more chilled.

neil853
    Free Member

get out your bombers

ha ha quality expression 😆

footflaps

is this the latest East Enders story line?

I was looking for STW and must have found the wrong forum…

MartinGT
    Free Member

No this is the STW forum………….its in chat 😉

binners

Just turn the tables on him. Sit with him in the pub, laugh loudly and conspicuously at his jokes, followed with “I wish my boyfriend was like you”. If you want to go to extremes you could always bum him

Tom83

As above, bombers…

cynic-al
    Free Member

Up to BF to have a word with GF IMO, if she’s accepting the flirting then it’s undermining relationship.

But not really your problem beyond being a sounding board/offering advice.

compositepro
    Free Member

“one of his girlfriends” did I read it wrong ,how many girlfriends does he have?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Up to BF to have a word with GF IMO, if she’s accepting the flirting then it’s undermining relationship.

I don’t agree at all. If she is flirting back then yes, have a word (although the relationship will probably ultimately fail if she is enjoying flirting with another guy in front of you anyway). If it is just the guy flirting just ignore it – don’t crowd the girlfriend or become obsessive/possessive, just be yourself. I mean, tell your friend to be himself. Err, yeah.

“one of his girlfriends” did I read it wrong ,how many girlfriends does he have?

You read it wrong – she has more than one male friend so he is just ‘one of his girlfriend’s friends’.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Errrrm… what’s her name? And, where are you based?

gwj72
    Free Member

Boot of the car, can of petrol, disused warehouse.

Oh no hang on, that was Eastenders.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Martin, do I know you? 😕

Seriously, I’d be tempted to mention to the goon that some of the things he’s saying might come across as a bit inappropriate and that he’s heading for a fallout if he doesn’t rein it in…

compositepro
    Free Member

Ah got it …thanks

hels
    Free Member

Or perhaps settle it with a naked arm wrestling contest ??

yoshimi

This ^^^^^^

We all like to be flattered by a bit of positive attention, men or women, its gives your self esteem a bit of a boost. But there is a line to be drawn. Now and again is fun and harmless, but if it seems like this guy is making a continuous effort then your mate should say something to his GF that its not that funny anymore and getting on his wick. She must see it as well so don’t think its unreasonable to say to her.

I agree you should be a sounding board, but I wouldn’t worry about getting involved – you are his mate looking out for him after all.

All else fails then unleash the Bombers!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Seriously, if your mate can’t hang on to his GF with just this slight challenge then he’s not got a hope. Getting all jealous and serious will make him look a prick and push her away from him.

If he goes directly to the other dude and it gets back to his GF… and it will if the bloke really wants her… then this will be an epic fail of a relationship.

Keep us posted. I’ll enjoy watching how this unfolds.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I had a relationship with a flirty & attractive woman. She was so insecure she couldn’t tell the guys to **** off. I had to tell her to rein it in as some of the blokes were getting off on undermining me and she wasn’t stopping it.

neil853
    Free Member

Its dangerous as you’re asking what YOU should do, but your mate IMO should have a word with both his GF and the goon. There’s nothing wrong with saying how you feel and saying that you’re experiencing a bit of jealousy isn’t always a bad thing as it shows you care.

With the goon and I would talk calmy and firmly so that he expressly new how I was feeling about the situation. Then if it came to it i’d get the bombers out (sorry but I love this phrase now).

I still stand by (as others have said) that its a mine field to get involved with their relationship though, especially if you’re friends to both. I would really stay out of it unless you see/hear something, then you can get involved.

MartinGT
    Free Member

I dont know what happens when he gets all flirty tbh as I am not there and neither is my mate. She maybe telling him to **** off for all we know?

She sees this lad as a friend and the vibes I get off her and her friends, well, thats all it is tbh. He is a bit of a nomark tbh, he likes boozing, talks inappropriatly about things in front of certain people, he’s basically not what I would class as my mates gfriends “type”. Its when their (the girls) are together they have a gossip and she’ll say “Oh I saw goon, he is ok blah blah and said oh why cant I have a gfriend like you? blah blah”

My mate seems to be better atm he has seen this lad as a threat to start off with and I think myself and his brother have dampend him down!

Shibboleth – I have no idea 😕

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Oh I wish I had a girlfriend like you

Is hardly flirting though is it?

As said before, unless she is openly flirting with the other guy I really don’t see what the OP is concerned about – a complete over-reaction IMO.

donsimon
    Free Member

Whatever happened to defending the honour of your girl?
    I demand a duel.

binners

Hang on a minute. This is starting to sound uncannily familiar. This bloke? Is it Hora?

Nick

This happened to me once, one of my first serious relationships, I was about 18, we’d been going out for about 6 months, bloke flirting with my girlfriend at a party, everyone was a bit pissed, she started flirting back, I ignored it for a while until they started snogging, so a punched him in the face a lot and dumped my girlfriend. We got back together but it didn’t last much longer.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Should have got your Bombers out and owned him!

trail_rat
    Free Member

she started flirting back, I ignored it for a while until they started snogging, so a punched him in the face a lot and dumped my girlfriend. We got back together but it didn’t last much longer.

probably not the right thing – could land you in trouble BUT i would do the exact same 😉 – but anyone thats seen my noodle arms will testify i probably couldnt punch my way out of a paper bag 😉

I_Ache
    Free Member

You dont need to punch when you have Bombers, I have a pair hanging up in my shed for when such occasions may arise.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Using a pseudonym stick it up on a public MTB forum, and:

A)you might find a solution to his problem
    B)those concerned might see it and work it out for themselves without further input from you
    C)you might get a cheap laugh out of it

skiboy
    Free Member

yep been there when i was twenty, you learn that these are the early signs of a relationship that will ultimately fail, my best mates brother did the sniffing, my misses at the time seemed to like the attention as she was being ‘fought over’ in her opinion, really got up my nose and I knew I was being ‘worked’. it lasted another few years and failed in a classic way,

If i was your mate, i would be lining up another lass on the back of it’s always easier to get a girls if you have another, then let these two flirters play out, then as it all comes to a head you say fair enough and pull out the joker card (new girlfriend in the wings) da dar, everyones happy…ish…

classic first girlfriend stuff..oh if i had my time again etc etc..

ps i don’t agree with this kind of foolery…when your in your late 30′ onwards, in your teens and 20’s tho’ wahoooooooooooooooooo

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Mates Gfriend – Another Bloke "Sniffing" What to say?’ is closed to new replies.