Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Marzocchi marathon SL forks – what pressure?
  • StirlingCrispin

Just bought some 2nd-hand 2006 Marzocchi marathon SL forks but can't work out what pressures to run.

The downloaded manual refers to a pressure table, but that's not in the document. AGGH!

I want 100mm travel and will be riding it on a singlespeed Inbred. I weigh 13 stone.
    Go on – just a clue. Thanks!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

do they have doppio travel adjust?

StirlingCrispin

Travel adjust is by changing the negative pressure.

StirlingCrispin

Oops – yes, just checked the fork: it does have doppio travel adjust?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

On my AM SL's you put 250psi in the doppio and cycle the fork to compress it, keep doing that to get the travel you want, even if using full travel, you still need air in there, just not enough to alter the height.

You'll have two positvie chambers, one in each leg, they'll be a mare to get right, 5 psi in my AM's makes a huge difference.

If it has PAR on the bottom of the left leg, let all the air out, compress the forks, and let the rest out, it only seems to rob you of travel, unless you're a serial fork bottom outerer!

StirlingCrispin

Cheers!

Two +ve chambers?! eek!

I found some instructions on the Windwave site
    http://www.windwave.co.uk/documents/techinfo/sl%20set%20up%20guide.pdf
    I haven't emptied the PAR though – oh well, start again tomorrow. I can see the rigids going back on!

Dougal
    Free Member

Hello Crispin!

Had a set of 2007 Corsa with the PAR, were awful to setup. Even following the manual didn't work out, but then I'm lighter than the lowest given pressures.

nuttysquirrel
    Free Member

That was useful, how light are you? That's amazing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi marathon SL forks – what pressure?’ is closed to new replies.