Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Marzocchi bought out….
  • honourablegeorge
    CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Curve ball! Didn’t see that coming.

jam-bo

to acquire certain specified assets of Marzocchi’s mountain bike product lines.

So they’ve bought some technology and production facilities?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Drac

Owned by a set of Talas.

legend
    Free Member

Suddenly all around the world, Marzocchi stanchions have just started shedding their coating

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I guess they bought the brand, IP, maybe some of the design team and contracts for factory production before switching to their own production lines.

Northwind

legend – Member

Suddenly all around the world, Marzocchi stanchions have just started shedding their coating

My 44s just realised they’re about 50 times past their new Fox-mandated 5 minute service interval, and caught fire.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Can someone please mock up a pair of 40s in this paint job?

Z1s were the fork that made everything else obsolete back in the day. They were just so much better than anything out there. Buttery smooth brilliance.

pitduck
    Free Member

omg my 12 year old vanilla,s contiue to work great 🙄

survivor

As fox have always been on the expensive side my guess is they’ll use the marazocchi name and some designs as there budget option and high volume OEM stuff.

matt_outandabout

edit – on re reading…

That press release is just smoke and mirrors.

woodster

s fox have always been on the expensive side my guess is they’ll use the marazocchi name and some designs as there budget option and high volume OEM stuff.

Which would be a shame given how crap Fox’s low-end stuff tends to be (despite mammoth RRPs)

fr0sty125
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    edit – on re reading…

That press release is just smoke and mirrors.

Doubt it I think Tenneco shut down the moto side due to lack of interest but kept the MTB side going even continuing to invest in new product lines to keep it as a good option for a buyer. There was a badly written press release a while back about this.

cookeaa

Sad really, one less contender in the market place, have loved all my old Marz forks, and will probably wring several more years out of the current pair… Doubt I’ll be buying any fox forx with marzocchi stickers though…

X-Fusion for me next time I reckon…

chakaping
    Free Member

“Buys assets” doesn’t mean the same thing as “buys company”.

I don’t think this is the best thing that could have happened for marz.

Speeder

A very sad day if it’s just an asset purchase. Lets hope Fox learn something about service intervals, robustness and value for money.

kimbers

Good that they’ve been bought, shame that our Fox !

hamishthecat

I wonder what this will mean for Windwave’s service facility.

Matt24k
    Free Member

I wonder what this will mean for Windwave’s service facility.

They’ll suddenly get very busy if they are allowed to do both brands from the Fox stable.

superfli
    Free Member

21Years WW have been distributor. Will be a bloody shame if they lose it to Mojo.

Cynical me thinks that Fox are trying to force the market price up of premium forks. Their forks are already pretty much £1k and offer not a lot more (possibly less) than £600 forks. I hope they dont get their own way.

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe they’re planning to resurrect the RC3 ti line in modern wheel sizes and continue to operate Marz as a distinct brand with a focus on reliability and performance rather than weight-shaving and snazzy graphics/stanchions?

smatkins1
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to some Kashima coated Super Monster T’s 😀

chestrockwell

Cynical me thinks that Fox are trying to force the market price up of premium forks. Their forks are already pretty much £1k and offer not a lot more (possibly less) than £600 forks. I hope they dont get their own way.

Haven’t Fox dropped their prices this year? MBR review suggests the RRP of the new kashima 34’s is less than pikes.

I like both brands so happy marz will keep going. Mixing the best bits from both should produce a great top end Fox fork in the future and if they knock out some marz for cheaper bikes around the same quality as lower end RS all will be well. RS could do with more competition at the lower end.

wwaswas

I wonder if Fox have bought it to eliminate any likely resurgence of the Marz brand/acquisition by someone else and to protect their own market share.

I can see they want to compete with people like x-fusion on price and still position Fox as a premium brand so maybe using Marz name on lower price stuff (and drop the ‘cheap’ OEM Fox products?) would make some sense.

chakaping
    Free Member

I wonder if Fox have bought it to eliminate any likely resurgence of the Marz brand/acquisition by someone else and to protect their own market share.

Not something I’d considered but I can see the logic.

I can see they want to compete with people like x-fusion on price and still position Fox as a premium brand so maybe using Marz name on lower price stuff (and drop the ‘cheap’ OEM Fox products?) would make some sense.

I think Fox own brand recognition among casual and newbie riders is too powerful for this to make sense.

wwaswas

Combine the two?

“Marfoxi”

“Foxocchi”

chrishc777
    Free Member

Possibly the worse thing for the brand, hopefully some people will keep their jobs though

gonzy
    Free Member

i think this is very much the case…they need to do something to keep hold of their share of the market seeing as Rockshox are gaining ground on them.

hopefully they will allow Marzocchi to remain as a brand in its own right but hopefully this new arrangement will mean more reliable fox forks and lighter marzocchi forks in the future if they start to share technology.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Who ACTUALLY pays that much for forks really?

superfli
    Free Member

Who ACTUALLY pays that much for forks really?

People with an Audi and Santa Cruz? 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

Didn’t see that coming.

It’ll be interesting to see what Fox do with the brand as there is still an element of loyalty to it from people who had the earlier forks (everything that I had up to the point of the AM1’s were brilliant). I agree that they’ll probably be used as an X Fusion competitor (whose forks are hardly bargan basement cost wise).

I’ve had a few Fox forks over the years and they’ve all been preety good to be honest (I’ve never paid full price for any of them).

Andy-R

I’ve never owned forks that didn’t start with an “M”, so that’s all the unfashionable ones then – Magura, Maverick, Manitou and Marzocchi.
    I’m a bit of a Marzocchi fanboy, to be honest – five weeks in Greece with a set of shim stack converted 55 TST2’s has done nothing to change my mind either – they just feel like trials forks which, to me, can only be a good thing.
    I’m toasting them with some very cheap, and good, wine anyway……and I’ll be scouring the classifieds for a few more to buy too, seeing as I’m a 26″ Luddite.

captaindanger

My rc3s are by far the best forks I have ever had, and anyone I know has ever tried! This is sad. I can’t imagine fox doing anything good with them, would be strange to consider them a cheaper brand given the quality of the marzocchis is so much higher than the overpriced fox tat. Wind wave have been really good too, significantly cheaper servicing than any other places.

hora
    Free Member

Evening. My shim stacked TST’s were epic.

Currently on 350’s with SKF seals fitted FOC by windwave. Top people.

Andy-R

hora – Member
    Evening. My shim stacked TST’s were epic

I’d have to agree with you, Hora. I’m loving mine anyway.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi bought out….’ is closed to new replies.