Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti – home service
  • el_diablo
    Free Member

Anyone tried a quick seal clean and oil change on these forks, I can’t find anything on the net about doing it.

Will the lowers come off easy enough if I undo the bolts at the bottom of each leg?

If so, how much oil and what weight needs to go back in each leg?

I’m tempted just to have a go but don’t want to cabbage my forks!

Any advice or links gratefully received!

el_diablo
    Free Member

Cheers Paul, I’ve watched that but those forks are quite different to the coil sprung ones.

I was hoping it would be as easy as taking the lowers off my Fox forks??

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

You cant find anything on the net about it because it doesnt need to be done.

The lowers are full of oil, you dont need to do oil changes or seal cleans for about 10 years with marzocchis. Just leave them.

seanodav
    Free Member

^^^ what david said + windwaves service price is fairly low from what i gather, so not worth the hassle by the time you buy the seals, oil etc

seanodav
    Free Member

only 60 quid according to this, which isnt bad at all…
    http://www.windwave.co.uk/documents/techinfo/marzocchiracetunedsuspensionservices.html

legend
    Free Member

Don’t these have the 3 year no service warranty? I’d just leave them alone until that’s run out, the if they’ve got that far they’ll probably do another few years 😉

el_diablo
    Free Member

OK guys, will probably leave them be then, but I read somewhere that it’s worth changing the oil after the first few rides, then just leaving them.

Just don’t want them to be full of swarf or other crud left over from manufacturing or bedding in????

seanodav
    Free Member

if they are full of shite it will cause problems within the 3 year warranty, which will get you a free service at least.
    One thing you could do is lift the seals carefully and lube the foam inside as they are dry from factory, then leave them be.

lesoxdh
    Free Member

http://www.marzocchi.com/Template/contenuto.asp?LN=UK&idC=1561&IdFolder=777

That should help with oil level as you have stated that you have removed the lowers.

Just dont remove the seals as that will damage them and you will need to replace them at a cost of around £30 and alot for the tools if you want to do them yourself. I have only replaced the seals when damaged or after 3 years as they seem to last for ever.

But replacing the oil each year is a good thing to do. I do it each year and they feel as smooth as when i got them. And its good to check if there is any damage to the insides.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 44 RC3 Ti – home service’ is closed to new replies.