Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Marzocchi 350 CR worn stanchions
  • fr0sty125
    Free Member

So my Marzocchi 350CR forks new in mid November now have wear like this on the stanchion.

Windwave saying they will only warranty if the marks are deep or they are leaking :S

wrecker
    Free Member

Windwave saying they will only warranty if the marks are deep or they are leaking :S

WHAT?
    That’s very very poor. I’m sure they have been warrantied for this elsewhere.
    Pop it in MTBR. The USA rep might have an opinion.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/27-5/marzocchi-better-late-than-never-908511-3.html
    I’d go facebook (tag marz) and twitter too. Unacceptable.

hora
    Free Member

Sorry the coating is premature wear. Its a factory/manufacturers fault. The coating is there to help reduce stichon and protect the stanchion right?

Re-approach and say you will instigate small claims.

Going back to last year/my topic- The bushes were factory installed too tight. This caused/made the problem worse.

The coating wear is not a design feature. It is not designed to wear-in. Ergo its a manufacturers assembly/design fault.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fr0sty125
    Free Member

I wasn’t happy with the response considering that is clearly a manufacture defect.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

S’not upto windwave. You need to tell wherever they were purchased

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Will this make any difference? That shop will just send them to Windwave.

legend
    Free Member

It’s the shop that got your money and would be issuing a refund, they sold you the crap parts. Explain to them that they’ve already been back to Windwave and the response you got and don’t let it go until the shop fixes it

wrecker
    Free Member

The shop will only refund if the manufacturer or distributor agrees to the fault (and either credits the amount or provides a replacement).

If Windwave are refusing to honour a valid warranty (and without question, this is) then Marzocchi need to know that one of their distrubutors are harming their reputation.
    Read through the MTBR thread, I’m sure that people have got warranty replacements for this before. I expect windwave aren’t keen because it’s a discontinued fork in that the 2015 replacement was downgraded (no coating etc) so you’ll likely want a refund (as I would TBH).

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Just like to clarify this is my 2nd fork the first was purchased in June and replaced under warranty mid November for the same issue. That time they did it straight away there was a lot of wear on both stanchions, it also had an issue with stiction and oil. This one has quite a lot of wear on one stanchion already but not the same issue with stiction.

EDIT

wrecker – Member
    The shop will only refund if the manufacturer or distributor agrees to the fault (and either credits the amount or provides a replacement).

That was my understanding as well.

wrecker
    Free Member

I have a pair, unused. I’m seriously thinking of sending them back now. Such a shame, I’ve always wanted to try marzocchi but I can’t risk ending up with worthless forks after no time at all.

hora
    Free Member

“The shop will only refund if the manufacturer or distributor agrees to the fault (and either credits the amount or provides a replacement).”

Doesn’t matter what the shop/distributor says to each other. That’s their business to resolve. The fact is the coating prematurely wearing isn’t fit for purpose. If it was designed to wear-fine. After such a short period you can argue that you’ve lost confidence in the product too. Cut to the chase, politely give the shop a week then press ahead to the next step. The shop answers to its legal obligations not ‘distributor says no’.

A week? Its not rocket science and they aren’t writing letters to each other. Its instant communication!

legend
    Free Member

As Hora says. I’ve had vendors sort me out regardless of what the distributor’s up to

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Ok Well I will contact the vendor and the distributor about it.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Pretty much the only mentions of these bloody forks on the internet are “first look” reviews saying “HOLY HELL THEY’RE ORANGE!!!!” and punters asking “are they meant to not compress/have no instructions/lack rebound adjustment/lose their orange coating?”

It is very sad that Marzocchi appear to have produced such a sucky fork.

🙁

hora
    Free Member

..sadly yet again.

danjones34

Hi fr0sty125,

they shouldn’t of done that, please send them back we WILL warranty those for you.

regards

Dan Jones
    Windwave

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Team work makes the dream work

jedi

i dont know about the current models but my marzz 55’s on both bandit and bottlerocket are still awesomer than anything 🙂

hora
    Free Member

The purple or the grey ones? Still kicking myself for holding off buying the purple ones on Wiggle years ago at £400 🙁

scruff
    Free Member

I’ll chip in and say Windwave have always been brilliant sorting any issues with my Marzocchi forks and Dan has always replied to my emails on technical gubbins.

jedi

Mine are 2013

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Thanks Dan I will be in touch!

barffy
    Free Member

These horror stories upset me as I have the new espresso 350CR’s on my Meta!

lardman
    Free Member

@hora

dont kick yourself any longer. The 55 RC3 ti’s V2 are on sale at CRC.
    here
    At £395 they are are deal, a steal, sale of the f•ckin century. In fact f•ck it, i think i’ll get some more. (if i didnt already have 2 of them)

johnw1984
    Free Member

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I’m just wondering if this was resolved?

I’ve just warrantied my 350 NCR after 25-30 hours riding due to stiction.

Windwave have replaced the seals and oil, but after only an hours ride, there are substantial marks on the stanchions.

I fear to think what they will look like after the seals are broken in!

The marks a re pretty deep, you can feel then when you run a fingernail across them.

I should have just bought a bloody Pike!

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

My FAST black stanchions from TF tuned have JUST started to fade by the seals after 3yrs of regular DH riding in all conditions.

For a new fork this is ridiculous!

johnw1984
    Free Member

Tell me about it!

I’m really narked off. Think my bike is cursed! Started another thread about swapping the frame for a HT. I think I might just put the bike back to standard and sell it on, then spec a Bird up 🙂

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Mine were replaced with the 2015 versions had no problems with those.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Marzocchi 350 CR worn stanchions’ is closed to new replies.