Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Mars Bar – expiry date 19/11/05. Worth a pop?
  • stuartie_c
    Free Member

Or will I die before my time?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Eat it.

Wash it down with Irn Bru just to be on the safe side.

camo16
    Free Member

I say go for it!

I’m like Errol Flynn when it comes to expiry dates. 😉

bruneep

Be fine once deep fried

wwaswas

does it say best before or use by?

either way I can confidently suggest you give it a go and hope to hear about any consequent ‘issues’ you might have.

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Go fot it, then follow it up with a picolax stylee thread

stuartie_c
    Free Member

OK – I’m of to the cowp* now. If there are no dire warnings of renal failure by the time I get back, I’ll go for it. Raw. No deep-frying will be necessary.

*Municipal Recycling Facility

sofatester
    Free Member

Mars Bar – expiry date 19/11/05. Worth a huge painful poo and visit to the GP?

Yes, i would say so. Even if just to give everyone on here a jolly good laugh!

sparkyspice
    Free Member

+1 for another picolax style thread

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Grrrr… Cowp was shut.

Anyway, just had a couple of mouthfuls washed down with Old Jamaica Ginger Beer (Irn Bru is the Devil’s piss). No ill-effects just yet.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Last week I made some custard out of powder with a best before date of 1998. I (literally) had to break the rusted seal to get into the tin.

I don’t eat custard much 🙂

(I threw the remainder away)

coffeeking
    Free Member

Most eat-by dates are conservative.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Tastes a wee bit funny, kinda stale, but not too bad.

Found it at the bottom of an old rucksack when I was clearing out the hall cupboard. There was also a bumper bar of Fruit and Nut of the same vintage but it had been opened and the chocolate was discoloured; it went to the cowp (well, it would have done had it not closed early).

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Most Conservatives are best before 1979.

cliffyc
    Free Member

Get thee to North Pole,might be a coupla old expedition ration tins left off-of Capt. Scott’s venture (sad salute).Glad ‘yer alright,I never bother about expired “Best Before” dates and am still kicking…!

nonk
    Free Member

had you found it in a bothy or something you would have scoffed it without a thought 😀

avdave2

Get thee to North Pole,might be a coupla old expedition ration tins left off-of Capt. Scott’s venture

You may well still be kicking but your knowledge of polar history is pretty shoddy.

UncleFred
    Free Member

Get thee to North Pole,might be a coupla old expedition ration tins left off-of Capt. Scott’s venture

Nothing left, all the Penguins got there first.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Still alive…

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Hmmm – I’d suggest that even Capt Scott and a bunch of penguins couldnt have got so lost that he ended up at the North Pole.

bikebouy
    Free Member

No dickie tummy or bad breath?

andyl
    Free Member

other half says “nothing natural in them should be fine”

I say batter it and deep fry it 😀

neninja
    Free Member

I suspect the fats will have gone rancid and it’ll taste properly unpleasant.

Report back once you’ve scoffed it.

bruneep

neninja – Member

Report back once you’ve scoffed it.neninja – Member

Report back once you’ve scoffed it.

stuartie_c – Member
    Still alive…

I think he hae eaten it and was reporting back that he was ok!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Mars Bar – expiry date 19/11/05. Worth a pop?’ is closed to new replies.