Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Marin Penmachno conditions now
  • whytetrash

Hi all, got a planned ride tomorrow round either of these. On my commute this morning I can see Snowdon etc are covered…any body ventured out who can let me know if they are doable?….got a few people tagging along who may not be up for hardcore snow and ice….. obviously I’ll hammer it in shorts and a vest….and possibly SPD sandals 😉

Crell
    Free Member

I expect pictures!

nealy
    Free Member

Coed Llandegla is fairly close and looks very snowy if that’s any help, don’t know about Betws y Coed though

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oneplanet-Adventure/94413705817

RustySpanner

So still properly frozen up on the tops?

Bugger, hoping to do the quarries, Drum & Telegraph Valley this weekend.
    Don’t fancy and of ’em if there’s still ice on the ground.

Moel Y Ci and Sarn Helen it is then, maybe a walk up the Carnedds.
    Might even have a spin round Anglesey on the road iron instead.

plecostomus
    Free Member

i live in penmachno i was out yesterday putting new way marker signs on the trail the snow was a foot deep in places and with all the snow on trees/branches many have fallen and need clearing. id ride on the coast if i was you.

GregMay
    Free Member

Bloody hell…was only there on Monday in the rain! Foot of snow..wowsa

saxabar
    Free Member

@Rusty Spanner: just got back from the top part of the quarries. Trails are a little challenging to say the least with two or three feets worth of snow where it has drifted, although the lower section will be fine. Moel-y-Ci is doable, but a little wet!

RustySpanner

Cheers for that.
    We stay in the old powder store at the quarry, so should be ok to drive in if clearer at Dali’s Hole level.

Love Moel Y Ci, must have another look at the jumpy stuff. Just a look mind….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Marin Penmachno conditions now’ is closed to new replies.