Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Mancs – what's wrong with you? Its only football!
  • hora
    Free Member

Binners- you cant go to the match tonight. The media would be allover you saying

'christ and here is an injured Scouse fan caught up in the trouble'

aracer
    Free Member

They're in London, and north of the river.

Your point is…?
    That you don't know where North London is.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

trailmonkey – Member
    Loving the irony of a Liverpool fan starting a thread about ill behaviour, especialy concerning games against Man Utd.

That's not really reasonable tm is it? My interest is more to do with how two sets of rival fans are struggling to contain their rivalry and just keep it to banter. I didn't really want to make an issue about what team anyone's supporting. Obviously you feel the need to – your call, but what is the problem up there?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I had Millwall and West Ham down as kind of East London teams, no? Anyway, it was Millwall involved, and we all know they're a bit mad anyway. Though, IIRC, it was West Ham that bore the brunt of the punishment wasn't it – strange that.

elliptic
    Free Member

Well okay, East End sides rather than North London per se. But they're definitely not from Manchester, which I believe was your main point 😉

That you don't know where North London is.

I went out for two years with a girl who lived three minutes walk from the Highbury & Islington tube station, so I do have a rough idea of the geography… but ta for asking.

aracer
    Free Member

Well okay, East End sides rather than North London per se. But they're definitely not from Manchester, which I believe was your main point

Wasn't my point at all, but the point was that North London could manage to avoid this sort of aggro, despite a fairly fierce rivalry (I grew up somewhere where most people supported one or other of the big North London sides, but far enough away that there seemed to be no particularly logical reason to pick one over the other). You finding a contradictory example in some other part of London didn't really disprove the point that Arsenal and Spurs fans don't go round trying to kill each other (though you could get a thump for supporting the wrong one as a kid), any more than Bury and Bolton fans having a drink together after a match would prove anything about how well Utd and City get along.

yossarian
    Free Member

football is tribal and tribal rivalries always have a violent element to them. Its a worldwide issue and will never go away.

Personally as long as the people fighting each other want to be there then I don't see what the problem is.

hora
    Free Member

football is tribal and tribal rivalries always have a violent element to them.

So go on. What about other team sports?

Historically has football always been violent or in the last 20 or so years did it attract the depths of society? It became a beacon for the homophobic and racist?

The sort of scum who fight arent really football fans though. Its a place to go and fight other like-minded types. If they were really into football surely they'd want to watch a game and worry about being banned from watching their favourite team?

hora
    Free Member

Just been down to walk the dog. Its all good natured. Some singing about 8-2 or something back in the 70's (or 80's?). Obviously later on when the beers flowed it might not be.

zaskar
    Free Member

Darts? to throw at the other supporters during the match?

Another reason why I'd never go to a footy match.

(Unless I had box tickets!)

AndyP
    Free Member

Darts? to throw at the other supporters during the match?
    better than human faeces I suppose. Manchester football fans obviously are of a higher class than Liverpool fans.

Personally as long as the people fighting each other want to be there then I don't see what the problem is.
    the people who are there but don't want to be fighting?

binners

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Get that up you, you blue bastards!!!!!!

Hats off to Old Trafford for playing 'Always Look on the bright side of life' at the end. Genius!!!!

😀

AndyP
    Free Member

funny that 🙂

Hairychested
    Free Member

And the Man of the Match is… Roovez!

hora
    Free Member

Usually I hear alot of sirens after a Man U match- I cant remember many (any) last night.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sounded like a cracking game alright.

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Mancs – what's wrong with you? Its only football!’ is closed to new replies.