• This topic has 26 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by mokl.
Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Man jailed after trying to turn faeces into gold
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/man-jailed-after-trying-to-turn-faeces-into-gold-.html

A man from Northern Ireland has been jailed after an experiment in which he attempted to turn his own faeces into gold went wrong and started a fire in a block of flats.
    …..
    Moran’s barrister mentioned that his client was a man of ‘considerable intellectual ability’ but that he had problems battling drug abuse.

Sorry but I don’t have pics, though I could try to re-create it?

😀

randomjeremy
    Free Member

midass am i right guys

grtdkad

Hilarious.

…any alchemists on here? What’s the background to the transformation to Gold then?

grtdkad

Brings a whole new meaning to ‘you can’t polish a turd’

maccruiskeen

well Ratners were turning gold into shit for years so I guess he was just trying to reverse the process

HermanShake
    Free Member

If you eat enough gold….

Woody
    Free Member

…..you block your toilet ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Most of the 0.2 milligrams of gold which the average human contains is in the blood, so he was definitely looking in the wrong place if he was looking for it in his shit.

samuri
    Free Member

Clearly he wasn’t of ‘considerable intellectual ability’ then.

Well, I suppose he was to a judge.

duckman

Ernie; Why on earth do you know that?

maccruiskeen

Its the break down of old blood cells that gives your poop its attractive brown colour, so maybe not such a mad idea after all.

GasmanJim
    Free Member

Yes but it’s the iron pigments that give the brown colour, there’s no gold involved in oxygen transport.

Harry_the_Spider
    Woody
    Free Member

there’s no gold involved in oxygen transport

……….unless you are a major shareholder in BOC 😉

hels
    Free Member

I had to take a long course of iron tablets once, so I know how to turn shit into black, if thats any help…

Harry_the_Spider

…no, not really. But thanks for the mental image.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Eureeka!

I’ve done it and my house is still standing.

Harry_the_Spider

Well done for getting it in the middle of the cushion. There are people at work who struggle not to get it on the toilet walls.

EdwardH

Well done with that aiming, we have notices here asking to get it in the pan, not on the seat…….

Drac

All that skitters ain’t gold.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

They actualy refine the sewage in Tokyo, densest gold ore in the world apparenlty dried Japanese sweage. Mainly from it’s use in electrical components and subeqyuent waste accumulating in the drains.

greeble
    Free Member
    GasmanJim
    Free Member

Woody, touche.

ski
    Free Member

cynic-al you do seem to have a preocupation with excrement this week?

jon1973
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkZFuKHXa7w[/video]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ernie; Why on earth do you know that?

Well due to my passionate interest in all things to do with animals/wildlife, I actually paid a bit of attention during biology lessons at school. I remember the biology teacher telling us that the mineral content of blood very much replicates the mineral content of seawater. I knew that seawater contains gold from my fish keeping hobby. That’s why I knew.

I also remember btw the biology teacher telling us that all our senses – hearing, taste, smell, and sight, rely totally on the direct presence of water/fluid.

All of which shows that when our ancestors dragged their sorry arses out of the sea and started crawling on the land, they in fact took the sea with them – each one of us is an individual sea 😀

mokl
    Free Member

Thank you for this, OP. Reading that quotation is officially the first time I have sprayed drink from my mouth and onto my monitor with laughter. That second sentence did it for me 🙂

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Man jailed after trying to turn faeces into gold’ is closed to new replies.