• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by ji.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Mallorca car hire
  • Pieface

Another Mallorca thread!

Can anyone reccomend a car hire company? Heard poor reviews about Red but that could be completely unfounded.

We want the most convenient drop-off / pick-up arrangements from the airport. We will be dropping it off early in the morning (maybe as early as 6) on our return.

Don’t mind paying a bit more for this convenience / less hidden clauses and so on.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

There was car hire discussed a couple of weeks ago.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/can-we-have-a-mallorca-summer-2016-thread

My advice would be not to underestimate the convenience of off-airport providers. My experience of the airport based providers at Palma is a LOT of queuing, we went offsite with Hiper last year and was significantly quicker with a very regular and efficient shuttle bus to their lot 5 minutes away.

geoffj

Doug talks sense – I always use centauro at PMI
    A 6am drop off may be a challenge though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    beanum

I haven’t been to Mallorca for a couple of years, but I would avoid using Record cars, or at least check their terms. We hired a Fiesta through them and had to pay in advance for the fuel, and bring it back empty. The problem is, it’s a small island and it was an economical car. It was still two thirds full when we dropped it off. Rip off… 🙁

Pieface

Cheers, actually our return flight leaves at about 11am, so would need to drop off about 8am, will most of the operators be available to do that?

johndoh
    Free Member

We used Hiper in Puorto last year – no problems (didn’t need one from the airport as only wanted it for a few days in the middle of the holiday).

Not the newest of cars (a 3 yr old Skoda Fabia) but solid enough and half the cost of others.

petrieboy

I think they pretty much all do the ‘full to empty’ thing which is indeed a rip off. We’ve used goldcar twice, first time was fine, 3hr que the next. I’m sorry that doesn’t really help does it.

jimdubleyou

We used Goldcar in Tenerife the last time we went, pre paid through autoeurope.

Bunch of shysters. If you don’t want to take their CDW (which having an Amex card you don’t need) you have to pay them €900 up front. They only take a credit card for this which has to be in the primary drivers name.

Won’t be using again.

BigJohn

Dunno which company to use but make sure you have some sort of wheel and tyre insurance. Roads in Mallorca can be very narrow and windy with tall razor-sharp kerbs.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

I think they pretty much all do the ‘full to empty’ thing which is indeed a rip off.

Easy enough to check these days, most car hire comparisons (Skyscanner, Holiday Autos etc.) allow you to filter by fuel policy. Certainly when I just looked for June, there was plenty of options with standard Full-Full policies.

joeegg
    Free Member

I’ve always used Holiday Autos and had no problem finding a full to full hire.Been very cheap as well.

ji
    Free Member

If you don’t care about a shiny new motor, and trust the dodgy looking website, i recommend Terrys Car Hire . Really nice, easy pick up (car is waiting in the airport car park with the keys, no forms, waiting, etc) and drop off is just as easy.

I would use them again.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Mallorca car hire’ is closed to new replies.