Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Magura vyron dropper post – wireless
  • damascus
    Free Member

Hi,

I do a bit of bike packing and when I do I put in a hope eternity seatpost.

This means pulling out the dropper post and internal routed cable. My new bike is a specialized stumpjumper and its a bit of a bind around the bottom bracket.

Ive been looking at the Magura vyron but it’s only got a 1 year warranty and as droppers don’t really have a great reputation for reliability its putting me off.

Any experience of the vyron?

Any alternative posts? I used to use a ks 900 under saddle dropper that was great but I think I’ve got used to bar buttons.

Gee76
    Free Member

Pondering the same here, wireless would help clean up the bars a bit too and it would be easier to swap out when kids seats go on the bike as well.

Previous posts suggest some good and some bad so bit hit n miss really but then the same seems to apply to other droppers too.

I’ve seen a few rumours on a reverb wireless too but no dates as yet.

damascus
    Free Member

I think a lot of the companies will go wireless soon but those posts will all be top dollar as they are new. The Magura has been out a bit and is available at a similar price to a reverb which seems to be the other top runner as always.

steadyeddy
    Free Member

My brother uses one of these as it came free with a bike, it has been ok if not a bit un-reliable. It worked fine through the summer, though the battery wasn’t as good as expected. But coming into winter it just deteriorated, battery wise initially and then it was getting stuck and just generally not doing what it was meant too. We took it back and it was swapped for a new one with no hassle. So far so good! In general people say you have to get used to the delay but I can’t say it’s something that’s ever really bothered me, but I don’t usually use a dropper and neither does my brother!

The no cables is great and I’d be getting one if they did a 27.2 version!

jam-bo

KS lev would be pretty easy to remove and leave the remote wiring in place.

ferrals
    Free Member

Aren’t KS suppossed to be bringing out a wireless version of the LEV too? Cost dependent I’d be tempted. Use a dropper when messing around/technical race courses, easy swap to standard if dropper not required.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’ll wait for the prices to drop…

damascus
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. That’s not very confidence inspiring!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Magura vyron dropper post – wireless’ is closed to new replies.