Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Magura Vyron dropper any users yet?
  • bigbloke
    Free Member

Looks an interesting idea with no cables to route etc. Anybody got one yet? What are they like?

thesurfbus
    Free Member

Got one on backorder from CRC, interested to hear of users experiences

bigbloke
    Free Member

Anybody???

sheck

Saw one in my lbs at weekend. They were raving about it

I thought the remote looked unnecessarily large, but otherwise couldn’t fault it based on 2 mins poking and prodding

RickDraper
    Free Member

Saw one at the weekend, the owner was not that impressed with it. The remote was quite large and the actual button used to activate it was only small. Also he was not too impressed with the time lag between pressing the button and it going up and down.

pinetree
    Free Member

I was lucky enough to try one last weekend, and was very impressed!

Yeah, there’s a wee bit of a lag between button and actuation, but I don’t imagine it’s any different to shifting gear once you get used to it.

The only thing I’d like to see is a shifter style lever/button. Not necessarily a proper lever, but just something placed down there so you don’t have to bring your thumb back up on to the bar to activate it.

Other than that, it seems really well made and very reasonably priced for what it is.
    It’ll be interesting to see how it fares through a British winter, to see if they’ve done a good job of the sealing…

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’m going to be at the point in the coming week where I have to decide between one of these or a 2016 Reverb.

I’m tempted by the Magura, but they are still relatively untested.

I really don’t know what to do!

daver27
    Free Member

be a guinea pig and let everyone else know how you get on….

johnw1984
    Free Member

Ohh, sounds tempting. I am sucker for the new and interesting 🙂

deanfbm
    Free Member

I’ve had one for a few weeks, does what it says on the tin.

johnw1984
    Free Member

Ohh, good to know, cheers. Have you been out in all weathers too?

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I’ll wait until the inevitable copycats come along and refine the idea further. Can imagine RockShox and the like will release their own version soon enough. Internal cable routing now only seems like a passing fad.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Come on deanfbm spill the beans then

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive had one on order since Nov !
    Should get it end of next week finally – via a mate in the trade, so will let you all know what its like.

If its good I will have two used non external Reverb’s and one brand new unused internal Reverb for sale 🙂

I took a punt for the fact it was properly remote (no faffing cables). I figured its made in Germany and comes with a 5 year warranty.

nairnster
    Free Member

Whats the difference between a non external reverb, and an internal reverb?

Trimix
    Free Member

The hose. Either it runs outside the frame and ends up in a messy loop, or its internaly threaded through the frame so it dosent catch on your leg/tyre/bush.

sillyoldman

On your bush? 😯

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

I get what your saying nairnster 😉

kimbers

Trimix, reread it

a non external reverb, and an internal reverb?

But yeah the bush snagging is annoying but any post where it’s fixed entry at the collar rather than the saddle clamp is fine, lev, gravity dropper etc
    Internal routing is actually a bit more annoying if you have to remove the dropper

johnw1984
    Free Member

Well, I bit the bullet and ordered a Magura from Rose bikes to go on my new Bird Aries 🙂

I’ll probably be back on in a few weeks asking for advice on how to make it work again!

bigbloke
    Free Member

johnw1984….any update on the seatpost?. Used it in the real world?

Northwind

That remote’s pretty awful looking, combining it with the suspension buttons is a nice idea but for most folks it just means extra buttons… but I love it otherwise. Wonder if they’ll be able to match the reverb 170mm arms race?

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Magura Vyron dropper any users yet?’ is closed to new replies.