Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Machynlleth or Betws-y-Coed this weekend?
  • mrben100
    Free Member

Going west for the weekend and can't decide between the above. Neither of us have been to either of the sites, what are peoples preferences?

Also a big consideration for us is that we want to get out on the trails on Sunday before 9am (seems to be the general carpark opening times) is it possible at either of these two venues?

Cheers in advance for any input.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

You could do both as there not that far apart, with CYB thrown in the mix also! If your staying for the weekend and depending on your fitness you could do the Marin in the morning followed by Penmachno, then CYB followed by Climax, take some lights just in case!

PenrodPooch
    Free Member

have exactly done what flippinheckler said before, then nant-y-arian the day after.

devs
    Free Member

First off, the car parks don't close at any of the venues! If you are insistent on not going to CyB which is between the the two, then the Marin and Penmachno shade it over Mach. It is possible to do both trails at ByC on one day and the Climachx and any of the Mach trails the day after. I would be tired after a weekend like that though, not least because I would have a shed load of beer the night after the first ride!

mrben100
    Free Member

Cheers for the feedback already. 🙂

We are planning on getting there mid-morning (wherever 'there' ends up being) on the saturday, stay overnight then get a trail in sunday morning.
    Need to leave around 11am sunday due to other commitments. So a bit short and sweet really.

Not sure CYB will be an option because of this. Also been to CYB and wanted to try new stuff this weekend!

soobalias
    Free Member

mach gets my vote

pitch up, do mach 3, then up sunday early, quick spin round cli-machx

mrben100
    Free Member

bump. 😳

mrben100
    Free Member

Turns out Cli-machx is closed weekend for some motorsport debacle.

So going to do Betws-y-Coed (Marin and Penmancho) saturday and give Mach 2 a blast sunday morning.

grievoustim
    Free Member

just FYI – Machs 1, 2 and 3 are not trail centre type trails like Climax and the Marin. They are just signposted cross country routes, and IMO not particularly interesting ones (lots of fields edges and descending on country lanes). Fine if that is what you are after – but I think there are more interesting local routes in the area. You could ask at the bike shop on the high street.

devs
    Free Member

Mach 3 is worth it just for the chute! Do it in the wet, it rocks!

mrben100
    Free Member

Grievoustim – thanks for the info, we have been thinking about doing the odd 'non-trail' cross country biking. So it looks like trail saturday and cross-country sunday.

DeVs – would indeed like to do mach3 but don't think we'll have the time.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I'm in Wales at the moment and going out on Friday, just gotta make my mind up which trail to do at CyB – so the wife isn't sat in the cafe for too long by herself 😉

Then Monday it'll be either Pen or The Marin, depends on how the mood / weather takes us as IMHO Pen is bad if the weather is not too hot.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Machynlleth or Betws-y-Coed this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.