• This topic has 19 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by goot.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Lurchers have landed!
  • allthepies
    Free Member

After what seems like a lifetime, various Lurchers are now showing as in stock at on-one. Anyone hit the buy button yet ?

smell_it
    Free Member

Let’s see who brant can get to review these……

allthepies
    Free Member

Hmmm, frame spec section lists BB as 73mm english threaded but on the same page the frame details mention Pressfit92 BB.

http://on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOLUR29/on_one_lurcher_carbon_hardtail_29er_frame

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Toasty

I was watching them for a good while, I remember having a good look at the frame at MM last year. Then they go and stealthily bring out a claimed 1150g frame, for the same price, followed by admitting the Lurcher is a bit of a porker. I’m now caught in the middle and can’t decide.

I might just wait for some reviews first (hoho).

Bimbler
    Free Member

I was kinda excited about them when they were announced, now not so much. What with all the changes in standards etc I may as well buy a complete new bike rather than go for the og Scandal frame transplant.

followed by admitting the Lurcher is a bit of a porker

How heavy is it?

Ok got it

Approx. Frame Weight (g) – 1550

Toasty

Seems to claim to be like a Scandal, but more expensive, and not a huge amount lighter. It’s hard comparing, as the current website says the Scandal is a 2.4kg frame made of steel 🙄

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOSC29V2/on_one_scandal_29er_swap_out_frame

It’s only half a pound or so difference afaik.

The only thing I’d definitely bite the bullet on is a 21″ Race 29er, and it’s the only thing they don’t seem to be making.

Anyone bought a Dirty Harry? Any opinions? Weight limit/flexy frame?

Cheers

dblspeed
    Free Member

are you sure? I don’t see any lurchers in stock at the moment

Northwind

Toasty – Member

Seems to claim to be like a Scandal, but more expensive, and not a huge amount lighter.

Ah but it’s a carbon On One so it’ll be both far too noodly to pedal, and simultaneously so stiff that it’s impossible to ride it over a rock without getting arm pump. Apparently.

allthepies
    Free Member

At time of writing the original post lurchers were show with in stock availability. Now they’ve either all sold out (the numbers were small) or it was a cock up as all sizes/colours are showing “early april” availability. The BB spec inconsistency is still there though.

DT78
    Free Member

Must admit I,m quite confused at their 29er range. They all seem to be nearly the same?

allthepies
    Free Member

With copy/pasted specs shared between them 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Lurcherwatch update: Expected availability now “May” but some small/freakshow sizes are showing low stock.

BB spec glitch now seems to be sorted.

allthepies
    Free Member

Lurcherwatch update: More stock showing, including 18″ frames.

ahwiles
    Free Member

DT78 – Member

Must admit I,m quite confused at their 29er range. They all seem to be nearly exactly the same?

fify.

allthepies
    Free Member

Lurcherwatch update: Complete bikes now listed on OO/Px.

<ends>

tomhughes
    Free Member

Anyone know whether the lurcher will accept a tapered fork?

bol

Yep

tomhughes
    Free Member

Ok cool, does that mean it has to have a tapered fork? I’m very new to this stuff.

druidh
    Free Member

You can fit a reducer at the bottom so you can run a 1 1/8th fork.

goot
    Free Member

just got the dirty harry, nice and light, looks ok quality ( would be nice if it was ‘shiney’ ) bit flexi on the back end. but it is a light bike

Built up 1×9 with slx/xt. mavic rims + s/star hubs, F29 fork, comes in a t 23.5 lbs.

Nice

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Lurchers have landed!’ is closed to new replies.