Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Low stack height stems – what's out there…
  • danti

Thanks in advance

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Sunline V1
    Ragley Stubbing

both about 30mm I think

f757lkk
    Free Member

My Easton haven stem has a pretty low stack height. From experience the nicely machined (think Hope, Easton and Thompson)ones have lower stack height.

Easton Haven is really nice, I can measure stack if you like?

Jamie

amedias
    Free Member

Thomson/Hope etc are all about 40mm

the On-One superlight/Sunline/Superstar CNC jobby is about 35mm, and there a few 30mm ones out there, think Funn do a couple of really low stack height stems but are a bit DH’y…

danti

Please Jamie

Not many list the stack height in their details.

f757lkk
    Free Member

Amedias is right, my Easton is 39mm face to face… so not as short as I thought… Hope XC measures up about the same.

You’re right not many people list the stack height, I had the same problem when using forks form an internal headset frame in a frame with a longer head tube and external cups… steerer was just that bit too short. Got aoround it in the end but every mm of stack height became critical!

xiphon
    Free Member

Spank Spike – ultra low stack height.

Might have to source one second hand though.

qtip

My Straitline stem has a pretty low stack height, certainly quite a bit lower than the Hope I used to have on there.

larrystumbles
    Free Member

asked this question myself just before Christmas last year…, like Ecky-Thump said you want a Ragley Stubbing or a Sunline V1. Went for a Stubbing myself (30mm stack)

Gee76
    Free Member

Turbine is 39mm too for the record… Not much help other than for elimination.

dantsw13

Old style Spank Spike is 26mm I believe, with a 35mm reach and quite a lot of rise.

SPANK SPIKE

I have a BNIB one in the shed I bought when I thought my new fork steerer might be a little short 😥

kazafaza
    Free Member

If you’re not worried by single bolt clamp then this might be the ticket:

I have one on my rigid ss and there’s only 3mm of tube sticking above the top edge of the bolt…and it never missed the beat!

clubber
    Free Member

FSA OS-150 stems (not all models, mind) are short – somewhere between 30 and 35mm IIRC.

My swift up above has a long head tube and a slightly short steerer so I have the short OS-150 stem and a very short stack headset (Crank Bros directset) which is only 19mm stack height, saving 20+mm over most other headsets. That said, they’re 1 1/8″ only and some people say they’re rubbish though the two I have are holding up well other than some surface rust (cosmetic, on the outside only).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Low stack height stems – what's out there…’ is closed to new replies.