• This topic has 18 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by tron.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Low end hifi bluetooth system.
  • Earl
    Free Member

What will sound better?

£200 Active bluetooth speaker
    Roth powa 5 mk2

£150 Amp/bookshelfspeakers/bluetooth receiver
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/hi-fi-system-deals/pah011486

or something else up to £200? I don’t really need it to be portable.

porlus
    Free Member

I know you mentioned not really portable, but a mate came to mine a few weeks back and showed me one of these

http://www.misco.co.uk/productinfo/productinfo?productCode=204413&affiliate=GOOGLEPLA&cm_mmc=google-_-Product_PlusBox-_-Audio%20Visual-_-204413&catargetid=530001250000014545&cadevice=c&gclid=CjgKEAjwwuqcBRCSuoivmIPnkwQSJACpqj3kVxlkNhA2WGyqe_ZAztAn0wup1KoZu6gzce4gSmZQufD_BwE

Think he said he paid around £180 for it. Sounded really really good for a bluetooth speaker. Trying to find out if the misco one is the same as his. If some im seriously tempted to get one myself.

edward2000
    Free Member

Bose mini link? They are good. I’ve got one.

Earl
    Free Member

That misco links to a £40 unit!

I had a listen to a Bose mini link, UE Boombox and a Sony BTX500 at pc world – all good for what they are but there is just not enough omph behind them. The bose was amazing for the size.

I want something to be the main system in the house 99% of the source will be streaming internet radio.

d45yth
    Free Member

I use a Blackberry stereo gateway, at least that’s what I think it’s called. It’s just a bluetooth receiver that plugs into any hifi/amp. Can be bought for about £12 on ebay.

I know my simple amp and speaker setup sounds better than any bluetooth speaker.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Harmon Karen sound sticks (£100), Logitech a Bluetooth thingy from Currys, (£25)

Look lovely and sound rather nice too.

singletrackmind

Jambox Big Jawbone ?

Check the internet for tests up against the Bose

Chunky , seemingly well made and loud enough for any room or garage.

hammyuk
    Free Member

£12 for a bluetooth from Asda straight into the exisitng hi-fi

Stoner
    Free Member

The Psyc atom is surprisingly good.
    I use it as my radio in the Landrover. It can be used as a bluetooth receiver with phono output.

http://www.7dayshop.com/psyc-atom-all-in-one-bluetooth-hybrid-speaker-receiver-2200mah-powerbank-fm-radio-and-mp3-player

Skyliner
    Free Member
    porlus
    Free Member

That misco links to a £40 unit

Yup, and a bargain at that price. Original retail price was £180, mate has confirmed its the same one. Its £60 on amazon, and £180 on another website.

ElShalimo

Has anyone got one of those Misco speakers?

porlus
    Free Member

Has anyone got one of those Misco speakers?

Me, I went and ordered one lol. Its really good. Sounds decent for what it is. Great for outdoor use, and can even be used as a make shift soundbar for a TV with the headphone connection.

ElShalimo

Cheers

maxtorque

I brought a £10 Blue tooth speaker from Tescos (Technika BT1302) and hacked it to include a std “analogue” output to a pair of phone connectors. Those i plug straight into my std separates amplifier line-input. bingo, one BT streaming player for a tenner 😉

(it doesn’t sound as good as say real CD or “wired” lossless audio source, but for playing your typical Spotify low bit rate streaming audio it’s fine)

ElShalimo

porlus – I got one and it’s pretty good but very bass heavy.
    Have you had this issue?

porlus
    Free Member

Oops. Sorry for not spotting your reply sooner. Think it might be a tad bass heavy. Not noticed enough for it to jump out though. Play mine through my windows phone mainly, so have a few equalizer settings.
    Will have another listen and get back to you. What kind of music you playing on it. Mines metal, with our lasses jazz and Roxy music haha.

porlus
    Free Member

Just playing some Volbeat tunes. At low level (ie, sitting down at desk with speaker on the desk) its bassy and a tad muffled. Stick it on the shelf in front of me thats level with my forehead. Sounds great. Really good. Clear vocals, good level of bass and quitar crunch lol.
    Looking at the design of the speaker, it appears the fronts are angled downwards. So guess thats why a slight elevated position sounds best for me.

tron
    Free Member

A Damson Oyster has just arrived from Misco. It sounds like it does a lot of weird processing to the audio, and produces a lot of muddy muddy bass. Songs with both quiet and loud confuse it.

Mine will be on ebay in a week or two if you want one!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Low end hifi bluetooth system.’ is closed to new replies.