Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • lovefilm or netflix?
  • sam69
    Free Member

hi has i hate sat night tv,im thinking of going with one of the above film companys,anybody with tem?if so tell me what you think please,service etc?can you sign for less than 12 months with them thanks

falkirk-mark

netflix can be binned anytime AFAIK seems okay but not a brilliant choice but worth 6 quid a month

seosamh77
    Free Member

both are month to month services… though sign up for a free trial firstly though…

both are pretty crap btw, you’ll watch everything you want to in a couple of months if not sooner.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Just signed up to Netflix and immediately cancelled.

The offerings seem v.poor.

sam69
    Free Member

right then i will stick to me ps3 thanks guys

robowns
    Free Member

Ive just done a free trial to Netflix, as above, very poor selection.

frogstomp

I’ve tried both Netflix and LoveFilm trials and pretty much ran out of things to watch during the trials.

NowTV (Sky’s new offering) looks like it has potential with new films appearing sooner.. free month’s trial and 3 months half price at the moment too..

patriotpro
    Free Member

Does anyone know if ‘Lovefilm Instant’ has the same library as the postal service?

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I’ve done both trials and neither interested me for the month so I cancelled. I signed up to the nowtv (by sky) trial today. First impressions are that there are slightly more well known things on there but I have no intentions of giving them any money after the trial!

^ Lovefilm instant is not the same as the postal service. there are loads of things on the postal service that are not available online, hence it doesn’t take a month to lose interest

grum
    Free Member

netflix can be binned anytime AFAIK seems okay but not a brilliant choice but worth 6 quid a month

+1

Has got a bit better of late but still far from amazing.

StirlingCrispin

Lovefilm instant has a smaller library than the postal service.
    We’ve been on Lovefilm for a few months. Mrs enjoys the TV series she missed years ago, and the kids enjoy the family films.

woody2000

I must be easily pleased, I’ve had a lovefilm subscription for years and think it’s great. £7.99 a month for discs at home and the instant service, seems like good value to me. Got an LG TV so get the instant service with HD films too 🙂

Been absolutely faultless on whatever device I’ve used too, no dropouts/buffering etc and I only have a 4mb connection. A vote for lovefilm from me 🙂

bawbag
    Free Member

Lovefilm user for 6 years and have no complaints. Wouldn’t want to rely on the instant watch catalogue but blu-ray/dvd to home is great. Watched a film on the PS3 last night streamed and no buffering.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Another vote for LoveFilm here. Think it’s great. Get on average about 12- 15 blu-rays a month plus all the streaming choices for ten quid. One of the last few bargains left as far as I am concerned.

Cougar

I’m with LoveFilm. Never really used the streaming service, I took one look at it and decided it was pish, but the disc service is brilliant.

I went with a film + games package, and it’s probably paid for itself several times over in savings on games I’d otherwise have bought for £30+ and played twice.

jon1973
    Free Member

I’m with LoveFilm. Never really used the streaming service, I took one look at it and decided it was pish, but the disc service is brilliant.

I think the streaming has improved a lot since I’ve been with LoveFilm, a lot more series than before (24, Prison Break, Lost etc) always something to watch if you’re at a loose end. I use it through the PS3 or using the TV directly.

But I agree, for £10 a month for unlimited BD and DVD it’s fantastic. I look on the streaming as a free service really as I’m happy to to pay £10 for the disc by post service. Not sure I’d pay for the streaming service on it’s own though.

cookeaa

Been on lovefilm instant for about six months pretty much done with it now TBH just got a nexus 7 and discovered I can’t use it with chrome (don’t know if I have another option) and The library for steaming is frankly toss NowTV is looking like a contender now if it really is just subscription and no hidden extras like LF…

Cougar

no hidden extras like LF…

Wut?

cookeaa

By hidden extras I’m referring to the number of newer titles not included in the package, pretty much half of the films you’re likely to want to watch cost a few quid extra.

Cougar

Ah, you’re talking about the streaming. AFAIK, the streaming-only service excludes ‘box office’ titles, but you get them included if you get any of the postal services as well. I think. That would explain why I’d never noticed.

cookeaa

Yep its the fundamental flaw if I didn’t want the postal service (which I had a while back before streaming was an option) why would I want a reduced library to choose from and to have to pay extra for streaming more recent releases its an arse backwards way of working

Nah LF used to have a good proposition before bandwidths went up and streaming became more viable now I think they’re lagging and not offering great VFM plus the apparent lack of android support has pretty much driven me away as a customer…

Not sure how netflix compare but I just signed up flr the 30 day trial on NowTV so I’ll see how that goes…

Cougar

the apparent lack of android support

What’s annoying about that is the Kindle Fire tablet supports it, so the technology is clearly there already. Why it’s not available to everyone else, I’ve no idea. Maybe Amazon gave LoveFilm a huge wad of cash, or something.

BoardinBob

Amazon owns lovefilm

Cougar

Good point, well made.

druidh
    Free Member

Supposedly available on Android – early 2013

jon1973
    Free Member

the apparent lack of android support

I do find this annoying, so it’s good news if it’s going to be available early next year.

One frustration I do have with the rental service is that now Lovefilm is owned by Amazon, they seem to delay the availability of new films (Prometheus is a good a good example as it won’t be available to rent until December).

It seems to be a cyclical ploy to try and increase sales through Amazon.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

This months which magazine slated one of them. Can’t remember which tho.

jon1973
    Free Member

To be fair to both, you can see what’s available to stream on their websites, and you don’t need to commit for a year or anything, plus both Netflix and LF do a free trial. So they pretty open about what they offer.

nicko74

Lovefilm here (the disc version); I think they say they have a copy of every single DVD that’s on general release in the UK. Obviously some of them they only have 1 or 2 copies, but the potential’s there.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘lovefilm or netflix?’ is closed to new replies.