Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Lordswood Riders Splinter Group
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

After last nights little jaunt I am thinking of forming a splinter group of the Lordswood Thursday Night Slow ride.

The Lordswood Sunday Pootle

It is fair weather riding around Lordswood for a couple of hours on a Sunday morning. Riding some of the known trails, exploring anything new we see, enjoying the sunshine and wildlife etc

9:30am Meet up not too early I hope.

All welcome, not just the Thursday night lot.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

If I’m not racing, or away riding elsewhere in usually up there Sunday morning.

Been beavering away on some very old lines which should be rideable in the next few weeks, all going to plan.

Hopefully they are still well enough hidden, the jumps needs a bit longer to bed in 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Hob Nob – When we explore ‘new’ stuff we will be suitably respectful and not modify other peoples work. I also suspect we will be too slow and scared to ride/ruin your jumps

🙂

nixie

too slow and scared to ride/ruin your jumps

Please build gap jumps as 2 lumps not hard edges so those of us who don’t want to jump can pump them 8) pretty please.

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just grow a pair Nixie!

🙂

Are you out Sunday?

nixie

Don’t know, will try to get a pass. Might be taking Alexis to a DB party.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Ha, I’m not that precious if it doesn’t work! I’ve had to ‘fix’ some other efforts to make them rideable, there is certainly a ghetto bias to some building there!

The line is a variation off an existing, it’s not really feasible to make it rollable as its over a rather big stream, but the main line is & will be the obvious choice. It will have a couple of squirrel catchers into the bigger gap so no-one will be hitting it blind and killing themselves.

Next up is to regenerate a few of the old, dead natural flow trails to make them rideable 🙂

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

DB Party – bit hardcore fior her surely

http://www.db-party.com/catalog/index.php?language=en

jambalaya
    Free Member

Noted. Hope to join you June 23rd btw if invited 😉

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Everyone is always invited to anything I do – it’s just the way I roll

HobNob – Do you ever go to the Southampton Bike Park in the Sports Centre?

It can be fun as a play area for a while and always listening for suggested improvements.
    The 3 ‘doubles’ in the jump area at the bottom are ripe for redevelopment and the perimeter line needs completing after the BBQ jump

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I haven’t been down ther in quite a while, probably since it first came out of the ground?

I’m racing the next few weekends so progress won’t really be happening, but I’ll have a look down there next time I’m riding. Is there organised dig days?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

There are dig days.

They are sort of organised.

Check out the Southampton Bike Park Facebook page for details of when etc.

There are also occasionally Bike Jams and competitions with prizes and everything!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

9:30am tomorrow at the gas station at the Coxford Rd entrance to Lordswood for anyone interested.

See you there

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Ouch!

I appear to have banged my head against a dozen Duvals last night and it is throbbing a bit this morning . If anyone is turning up, please be gentle with me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Lordswood Riders Splinter Group’ is closed to new replies.