• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by z1ppy.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Long shorts…
  • z1ppy

Long ‘normal’ shorts or short 3/4’s, that is… Looking for some shorts that cover my knees (& pads, so I look less storm troopery on XC rides) but not the whole leg with a tiny bit of ankle of show.. Just tried 2 sizes of Madison Roams 3/4’s and there excessively long, much prefer my Altura Attack 3/4’s (too hot for summer use!), & could do without ordering 10 pairs of short just to try…
    Any ideas?

(none of my LBS’s have great stock to try… just lots of bikes)

lerk
    Free Member

Humvee 3/4’s sound like what you’re after…

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

I like my TLD skyline shorts in a size larger. I’m 5’10” 32/Med, the skyline 32 are a slim fit and knee length, the 34 are a ‘just right’ baggy fit and just below the knee. very def a summer shorts as well.

vmgscot

6ft2 and found Dakine 8-tracks to be spot on a while back… 16″ inseam

rocketman
    Free Member

Anything gravity should be OK

Have got some Poc DH shorts they are The Longest Baggies In The World even for me at 6’2″ 34″ waist 34″ IL. But only at the front which is cool so you can still pedal in them without having yards of material flapping around at the back. Made out of an unusual mesh material that is both indestructible and light. Also some One Ind Gamma with removable bits they’re quite light and unobtrusive & knee pad friendly.

Longest conventional baggies would be Dakine 8 Tracks

paul123
    Free Member

Fox demo FR are good for me. 6’2 34 L

ElShalimo

I’ve got a pair of North Face VTT shorts that go to just below the knee off the bike. On the bike they’re really comfy over a liner.

z1ppy

cheers for the suggestions, just looking at ‘pictures’ the Dakine 8 Tracks (not a brand I associate with clothing.. so good call) look promising, will investigate them all though.
    Thanks!

warns74
    Free Member

Fox demo FR are good for me. 6’2 34 L

^^This^^

Some of the Royal Racing ones come up pretty long too as do race face ambush.

BoomBip
    Free Member

Every pair of Mavic shorts I’ve tried were so long and voluminous they made me look (more) like an utter clown.

Probably no help to the OP at all, feel better for unburdening myself though.

BillOddie

Dakine 8 Track 2nded!

fudge9202
    Free Member

zyme 3 /4 at allterrain cycles for £26.99

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Haglofs ardent are a nice length.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Dakine 8 Track 3rd’d…….super comfy nice cut and very durable.

z1ppy

Went for the Dakine’s, good length & seem a good durable material
    Cheers people

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Long shorts…’ is closed to new replies.