Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Llandegla today – never known it as wet or busy!
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Still good fun though

Cue the regular Llandegla-haters…

mboy
    Free Member

Was there on Wednesday evening, when it was certainly not dry, but it was the foggiest I have EVER ridden in! My first time there, and in places you couldn't see 5 metres. My P7 lights were as good as useless cos I was having to run them on low as on hi the glare back from the fog was too bright!

Again, good fun though.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

we were there today too; it was very busy, yeah. still fun though. did the black sections for the first time too, i'm sure they're even better when dry but tbh i thought that even with the numerous temporary rivers flowing down/across the trail at various points it was a lot of fun.

jedi

i'm going there tuesday for a meeting with bob from opa and ride with him after 🙂

philsimm
    Free Member

got there at 10am and could just about get into the top car park – maybe everybody had held off from yesterday due to the 50mph winds and 10ft of rain which never materialised 😯

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

I managed a 3 hour thrash mainly hidden in the trees yesterday. Black a couple of times, up Offa's Dyke and the red and some old sections.

P*** wet through, top to bottom, outside in, inside out and bottom to top! Need to sort some better wet weather gear.

Aye, been many times but have never seen it so wet, or quite on a Saturday :)))
    Paul

fivespot
    Free Member

There too today. Usual enjoyable ride. A fair bit of traffic out there, but great to see so many people enjoying the place.

philsimm
    Free Member

Hope the guy that dislocated his shoulder on the skills section was ok in the end 😮

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Was that the reason for the ambulance at around midday?

Matt-P
    Free Member

Ditto for Wednesday night, never known it so foggy or hard to see – made it good fun though!

philsimm
    Free Member

Yes I think so – he was sat there with his mate at about 11.30 and i saw the ambulance coming the other way as i was leaving about midday. Poor fella

jumping_flea
    Free Member

Yes I think so – he was sat there with his mate at about 11.30 and i saw the ambulance coming the other way as i was leaving about midday. Poor fella

I went just before him in the skills are and saw him fall after coming round the burm – he hit one of the doubles abit wrong and hit the tree to the left.
    Went down to see him and he was in a bad way – clearly broken something. Got him to sit down and went down to one planet to get help.

Ambulance got there and i spoke to the one planet guy and he said it was a broken collor bone and poss lower arm.

His name was Dave, local to the place and his daughter works at the cafe
    All the best to him, he was on his last run too and was nailing the same jump until that point

Telemaster18
    Free Member

People probably staying away from the "natural" stuff and hitting the trail centres in this wet weather. Was at coed y brenin today and it was wet, wet and more wet. Still great fun, if not hard work. Nobody has said anything bad about llandegla yet…. (I quite like it). Any body else at CYB?

deserter
    Free Member

I only ever went to llandegla on wet weekends,much better than some of the natural routes in the wet

philsimm
    Free Member

You were the guy looking after him then Tom – spoke to you briefly i think.

Anyway – hope you have speedy recovery Dave, all the best

theginjaninja
    Free Member

Was at Coed-Y yesterday and there this morning. First trip and did the black. Superb trail!

monkeychild
    Free Member

I was there yesteday with a mate and one of his riding buddies. Was pee wet through at the end and my ickle armies took a right pounding due to being fully rigid 😆 I need some suspension on my ss.

genesis
    Free Member

Dave was in a bit of a mess, he's having an op to repair a busted elbow and has done his collarbone, so in a bit of a bad way. I'll pass on you regards, thanks for helping him.

btw, its his picture on the classroom wall jumping!

As for it being busy it was a normal Sunday for us 😯 On another note did anyone have any issues with horse riders yesterday?

TenMen
    Free Member

Slight hijack – has anyone got map or GPS details for the Offas Dyke extension bit please?

smartay

Hi genesis, was the Dave in question Dave F, from Bryn-y-Bal, it just that i work with the guy.
    Llangegla claims yet another shoulder, did mine June 2007 on Black run!!

genesis
    Free Member

tbh, not sure where he lives!! But yep sounds right, his lass works for us. Badger said he was in a bit of a bad way. Bob did a skills course up there and reckoned it was riding really sticky, quite tough as he had to pedal into the jumps.

smartay

If it is Dave F then that'll put pay to the C2W scheme we've been trying for.
    If your tuned in Dave good luck and a speedy recovery,I though you had a dicky collar bone anyway.

Look on the bright side more time to build bikes!

Apologies fivespot, how dare I think you would actually fall off!!!
    See you tomorrow then

fivespot
    Free Member

Hi smartay… it was'nt Dave F from Bryn-y-Baal, cos thats me, and even though I was there yesterday, I had an accident free ride.

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Slight hijack – has anyone got map or GPS details for the Offas Dyke extension bit please?

The Masts and Offa's Dyke return is the middle loop here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pspaldin/212018492/

Narrow bottom loop is very, very cheeky and not recommended.

I also use Offa's Dyke within the forest to get back up to the top. Starting by a slight double back just after the new sections by the Tin Hut.

Paul

TenMen
    Free Member

clarkpm4242 – thanks for that

GaryLake
    Free Member

Anyone riding there on Friday and happy to let me join in? I'm up in Snowdon for a first aid course over the weekend and planning on riding Llandegla Friday afternoon (arrive 12:30/1pm ish)

I'm fairly nippy and moderately talented so wouldn't expect to be a burden to the average group…

amodicumofgnar

I got there about midday yesterday, was really supprised how much water there was flowing along some of the trail lines. Did the red through to the where the blue joins back in then worked back up via fire roads and offa's dyke to re-do with all the black bits. Didnt enjoy the clear felled first section first time but a real blast second time. It really suprised me how flat that section is and how close everything is – quite odd looking back up and seeing 20-30 people rolacoasting across the hill.
    The whole trail seemed much less greasy than in the past.

What's being built where the mini digger was on the (first?) black section?

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

Not llandegla but did do Cwm Carn and got a new swimming badge!!!!

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I did wonder if the tree felling has channeled more water onto the trail? I've been there several time before after heavy rain and never seen the trail itself that wet

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Llandegla today – never known it as wet or busy!’ is closed to new replies.