Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Like throwing a sausage up the M62………
  • TheDoog
    Free Member

Found this on the local rag website………

Ooops

AndyP
    Free Member

too right. I'm not sure about the 'victim surcharge' bit, but littering should definitely be punished more strongly.

uplink
    Free Member
    coffeeking
    Free Member

I agree, there's no excuse for it. However I'm sure I've been guilty of lobbing and apple core out once or twice, but only into country hedgerows, not at roundabouts in relatively built up areas.

Blowing nose one is stupid, however I do question the drivers brainpower when he can't even work out how to switch to breathing through his mouth when his nose is blocked!

“Surely it would have been more dangerous to drive with a blocked nose struggling to breathe.”

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

He was fined £175 and ordered to pay £429 court costs plus the £15 victim surcharge.

I'm intrigued to know that this is and who the victim might be – did the sausage hit someone, or was the environmental official traumatised by the wanton littering ?

TheDoog
    Free Member

The victim may be a defenceless creature lured out into the road by this tasty morsel, Hedgehog perhaps………….

ski
    Free Member

plus the £15 victim surcharge.

Is that a standard charge now?

Does seem a bit smart for half a sausage, wonder what they would have fined him for a whole one?

😉

coffeeking
    Free Member

Victim might be the council coffers, having to outlay more on tidying up the mess that lazy people leave around. Maybe the local residents because they have to put up with their area looking like a tip due to people dropping litter. The number of people I see throwing litter out of cars drives me insane.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Victim might be the council coffers

is that like extending human rights to corporations?

coffeeking
    Free Member

I'm not sure it's a human rights issue really 🙂 I'm also not sure what they do with the £15, after all it wont go to the actual crime victim. And surely the sausage was the victim here, used and abused, then thrown into the road.

iDave
    Free Member

is an organic material which will be eaten by furry creatures necessarily litter?

TheDoog
    Free Member

is an organic material which will be eaten by furry creatures necessarily litter?

Good point, people dont get fined for putting food out for birds, there's a park near me that has a daily bucket of bread scraps thrown in from the nearby bakery, no one bats an eyelid about that…….

Andituk
    Free Member

Serves him right for ignoring a court summons.

And the £15 goes to pay for victim support etc. It's taken from all court cases now I think.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

And surely the sausage was the victim here, used and abused, then thrown into the road.

let's face it, the outcome for the sausage (or pig, if meat featured in its composition), was never going to be good 🙁 It's worth pointing out that Peter Tatchel has already stated that in coming years the treatment of animals will become the new Holocast…

coffeeking
    Free Member

If it's just dropped in the road, yes. If you make the effort the hedgerow it and make sure it's not visible and has a high likelyhood of being eaten, no. It's like if I said "my poo is biodegradable, I'm going to do it on the road outside your house" You'd be a bit miffed. If I did it in the hedge round the corner you'd probably not even care.

mrfox
    Free Member

I've never known anyone to throw away a sausage. Grilled tomato, perhaps.

AndyP
    Free Member

Good point, people dont get fined for putting food out for birds,

birds are feathery, not furry. hth.

coffeeking
    Free Member

let's face it, the outcome for the sausage (or pig, if meat featured in its composition), was never going to be good

The sausages Raison d'être was to be eaten, neither did he eat it or properly dispose of it. You know what the answer is don't you…

ski
    Free Member

If it's just dropped in the road, yes. If you make the effort the hedgerow it and make sure it's not visible and has a high likelyhood of being eaten, no. It's like if I said "my poo is biodegradable, I'm going to do it on the road outside your house" You'd be a bit miffed. If I did it in the hedge round the corner you'd probably not even care.

Fined for poor throwing action then

coffeeking
    Free Member

indeed, limp wristed throwing. Or maybe commno sense fail. I mean surely the best answer is to just wrap it back up and stick it in the door pocket until you're near a bin?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

The sausages Raison d'être was to be eaten

well, if I were to have to spend my life in a concentration camp before being killed I might indeed question my reasons for existence too…

woody2000

Food waste = vermin proliferation, so in that respect they were probably right. However, the bird feeding point is a good one!

AndyP
    Free Member

wrap it back up and stick it in the door pocket
    what a lot of effort. Just throw it in the passenger footwell. That's why they exist.

hungrymonkey
    Free Member

lol @ uplink's link – guy got done for littering for dropping a tenner… police said he meant to, he said it was an accident…

WHO THE **** IS GOING TO DROP A TENNER BY ACCIDENT?!

coffeeking
    Free Member

Eerr I think you're a bit confused with the capitals there.

Drac

Who's going to drop one on purpose?

coffeeking
    Free Member

well, if I were to have to spend my life in a concentration camp before being killed I might indeed question my reasons for existence too…

Then you're a sausage also.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Then you're a sausage also.

perhaps a pig is larval stage of the sausage ?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Like throwing a sausage up the M62………’ is closed to new replies.