Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Liam Neeson….
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Never knowingly pictured without a gun. Good to see he’s choosing highbrow stuff now he’s in his 60’s..

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/vVYxz4PU_zuMo3Jj_EcdAXLOLXblLyP8Dga1VwWuiArcpG31QnRlaaQbzj2_F2aVVMo=w300[/img][img]http://cdn.wegotthiscovered.com/wp-content/uploads/non_stop_poster-620×356.jpg[/img]

johnners
    Free Member

Not my cup of tea but he does seem to have found a niche. I’m guessing there’s a decent living in it.

matt_outandabout

Make love, not war.

martinhutch

Well, he does have a very particular set of skills.

Pigface
    Free Member

Taken 3 is up there with the worst films of all time

footflaps

I really enjoy his films, he’s very good at playing the hardman.

He has a sense of humour as well:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tJoNoOAY9Q[/video]

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

He seems to have turned into an old Jason Stathom. Taken was brilliant, pretty much every other film he’s done since though has been very meh.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Fair play to him. He’s a decent actor but why not take the big $$$ ? IMO if you are a serious actor you wouldn’t bother with 95% of the output from Hollywood. Also given what happened to his wife I find it hard not to cut him an enormous amount of slack.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Taken – Well, that’s just bad luck, but you got her back, well done.
    Taken 2 – What, again ! Ok, just don’t let her out of your sight again, ever.
    Taken 3 – I’m calling Child Services, because you really are a crap parent.

fasthaggis

Very good martin 🙂

zilog6128

It’s a shame because he was a decent actor in some interesting films before he discovered his “hardman” niche (gotta be the voice!) – he must’ve basically remade Taken about half a dozen times now. Maybe he enjoys that kind of crap role or more likely it just pays better. Can’t see him playing a role like Oskar Schindler again.

Also those posters say a lot I think about Hollywood/US lack of imagination & gun obsession/culture.

RustySpanner

Can’t take him seriously after the face lift.

Drac

Can’t see him playing a role like Oskar Schindler again.

Cristóvão Ferreira the missionary?

kimbers

Yeah I found taken to be one of the most clichéd stereotypical action films of the last decade
    The fact that it was remade at least twice is even more depressing

Give me a tubby chef with a pony tail kicking ass on a US Navy ship anyday

zilog6128

Cristóvão Ferreira the missionary?

sounds like that’s not a major role, probably only took it for the opportunity to work with Scorsese (understandable!)

curto80
    Free Member

We’ll he was great in Mutiny on the Bounty

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Whilst filming the original “Sleuth”, Laurence (Larry, dear dear Larry) Olivier asked his co-star Michael Caine for some film acting advice.

“Larry,” said Michael – “the public will always forget the Turkeys, but you will always remember the money”.

It is not recorded whether or not he went on to describe how many people knew that…

binners

He does seem to have thought “**** it! I’ll make any old crap, phone in a performance, and walk away with the money, laughing my ass off!”

Also known as Nicholas Cage Syndrome

verses

“Larry,” said Michael – “the public will always forget the Turkeys, but you will always remember the money”.

Everyone else read that in MC’s voice, or just me?

zilog6128

I wouldn’t be surprised if that MC quote was true… he’s got to be topping the “most number of shit films made by a decent actor” list! Anyone seen the film where he plays the baddie to Seagal’s good-guy?!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Everyone else read that in MC’s voice, or just me?

Nah then…

nach
    Free Member

Oh come now, there was that other weapon once too:

Pigface
    Free Member

😆 Apparently MC only did Jaws 3 because it was shot in the Caribbean.

martinhutch

I remember a similar MC quote about Jaws 3/4 or somesuch – that he didn’t remember the film but remembered the house it bought.

johndoh
    Free Member

I really enjoy his films, he’s very good at playing the hardman.

That I don’t agree with. He’s never come across well as a hardman for me – more like your mate’s dad that likes to think he’s a bit handy but is actually an low-grade accountant in the Local Authority Finance Department.

footflaps

Apparently MC only did Jaws 3 because it was shot in the Caribbean.

To be fair, if someone offered my a million quid for 6 weeks work in the Caribbean, I’d probably say yes!

shermer75
    Free Member

I loved ‘The Grey’

perchypanther
    Free Member

Give me a tubby chef with a pony tail kicking ass on a US Navy ship anyday

“….I also cook!”. Classic 8)

binners

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIXYM5C9YCQ[/video]

atlaz
    Free Member

Full circle… I remember this film:

Which is basically taken, without the kidnap plot

MrWoppit
    Free Member

That second slap is actually a really good self-defence move. To test what it might be like, just gently bring your palm to your ear. Now imagine that magnified by the amount of energy that Caine appears to use in the clip…

The film, as is usual in movies, grossly under-plays the likely reaction to the damage.

richmtb

I remember a similar MC quote about Jaws 3/4 or somesuch – that he didn’t remember the film but remembered the house it bought.

I think the quote went something like

“Jaws 3? I never actually saw that film, but i saw the house it built, it was magnificent”

Anyway I don’t begrudge Liam Neeson his new niche.

DezB
    Free Member

I don’t begrudge him anything, I just don’t watch his crap films.

Entonox
    Free Member

Taken 4: A Ride

teasel
    Free Member

🙂 ^

I loved ‘The Grey’

I wouldn’t say loved but it kept me glued throughout…

jambalaya
    Free Member

I don’t begrudge him anything, I just don’t watch his crap films.

This, I’ve never seen Taken 1, 2 or 3 and wouldn’t dream of watching them, just not my sort of film (I didn’t even know there was a Jaws 2 or 3 either)

binners

Saw the first one. It was awful. Given the law of diminishing returns, the prospect of them dragging it out for another two wasn’t that appealing

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Liam Neeson….’ is closed to new replies.