Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • L/H and R/H brakes from Rose – am I being thick?
  • wl
    Free Member

I’m probably being thick but l was looking at some XT brakes from Rose and they list them as left-hand lever for the front, right-hand for the rear. Do they normally offer UK option too? I can’t see one. Also, how long do deliveries to the UK usually take from Rose? Thanks.

belugabob
    Free Member

They only supply brakes in European layout, but this doesn’t matter, as you’ll need to shorten the hoses anyway – so just swap the levers over at the same time.
    Two sets of brakes ordered, shortened, swapped and fitted without any issues – all courtesy of rose bikes.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Delivery is normally about a week…

I never got a confirmation email when I ordered everything, but it all turned up perfectly within a week..

And has already been said, the brakes are Euro set up, so need swapping over..

wl
    Free Member

Ok, thanks. So I order a left and right lever and swap the hoses over? Is it reasonably easy and will the brakes need a bleed? Thanks again.

Gooner_Dom
    Free Member

My mate got some new XT’s from bikediscount.de, excellent prices and he had to swap the levers and shorten hoses.

Yes will need a bleed for sure when cut and swapped etc. So you need mineral fluid and i think he found bleeding tricky depends on your bleeding skills i guess.

nealglover
    Free Member

Cut the hoses with the fluid in (at the lever end) and refit using a new olive and insert thingy.

Shouldn’t need bleeding after.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Wouldn’t fancy being a motorbike owning cycler in mainland Europe then. Emergency braking in a panic must be fun!

nixie

Pump the pistons out slightly before disconnecting the hoses. This means that you have more fluid than needed in the system so as you reconnect you can push some of the excess into the fitting to remove the air. If you still have excess once connected open the bleed port a little and push the pistons fully out.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘L/H and R/H brakes from Rose – am I being thick?’ is closed to new replies.