Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Legal advice needed. Retards throwing allegations about.
  • Smee
    Free Member

I have just received a phonecall from the driving school I used to work for. Apparently some of my ex-pupils that I had independently of that school have phoned up that school and are saying that I owe them money.

Pupil 1 – had a shed load of driving lessons and paid for them at the beginning of each one – claims that I owe them some cash – a small amount.
    Pupil 2 – referred to me by pupil 1, had a fair number of lessons – paid for and used a block of 10, then paid for them at the start of each lesson – now claims that I owe them £160.
    Pupil 3 – again referred by pupil 1, took a block booking of 10 lessons for £210, used 4.5hrs and has been refunded the amount that they were owed. They now say that I owe them £260.

What would you do in this situation?

miketually
    Free Member

You have receipts/invoices, right?

davidrussell
    Free Member

not use the term retard?

Smee
    Free Member

miketually – yes of course.

davidrussel – helpful.

IA

How can they possibly think you owe them more than they paid you? (pupil 3?)

uplink
    Free Member

Did you tell them you were the best driver in the world & now they've found out otherwise, & want their money back?

just a thought

enfht
    Free Member

Why call them retards?

amosridl
    Free Member

WTF are the old employer getting involved for if it's nowt to do with them?

Besides if you have receipts, then I'd send the "retards" copies and say F*** off.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just ignore them…..and the pupils asking for money.

Ho ho ho.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Just wanting to see where this thread ends up…

Smee
    Free Member

Definition of retards. http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Retard 😉

john_drummer
    Free Member

So you used to work for driving school x then gave pupil 1 some lessons, independently of x, and pupil 1 gave you money in exchange. But never gave any money to school x.

Then 1 recommended you to 2 and 3 and again money was exchanged between you and the pupils in exchange for lessons independently of scxhool x.

WTF does it have to do with school x then? The contracts were between you and the pupils, not school x and the pupils

Sounds like x is trying it on to me

uplink
    Free Member

WTF does it have to do with school x then? The contracts were between you and the pupils, not school x and the pupils

I suspect the car was all liveried up for school x & they think that it was official school x work

Smee
    Free Member

uplink – you suspect wrong.

john_drummer
    Free Member

But then the dispute wwould be between school x and the op and nowt to do with 1 2 or 3?

uplink
    Free Member

uplink – you suspect wrong

so, how did they know what school to complain to?

Smee
    Free Member

because it was well known that i did work with that company too. would often arrive in the street, change boxes over then go knock at the door.

uplink
    Free Member

as a 'by the by' my contract strictly forbids me going into competition with my employer in my spare time – I presume most do

Smee
    Free Member

driving school franchises rarely include this clause – mine didnt.

uplink
    Free Member

In that case – I'd expect the school to wash their hands of it & point them in your direction for any refunds due

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

What happened to the new stress-free Goan? You come on here asking for advice yet your responses already have a distinct tone of aggression in them.

Smee
    Free Member

m_f – I would happily tear them all a new arsehole. But, I do concede that a more healthy response would be to laugh at their stupidity.

davidrussell
    Free Member

davidrussel – helpful.

Thanks, glad I could help

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I do concede that a more healthy response would be to laugh at their stupidity.

Do you want us to laugh at their stupidity or do you think that you should relax and laugh at it?

Smee
    Free Member

M_F – I suppose both would be the best option.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'd invite them to the nearest zoo to resolve the matter.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Retards throwing allegations about

LOL

uplink
    Free Member

I still can't understand [or work out the probability] why 3 separate ex private pupils would suddenly call up a driving school you used to work for demanding money – maybe it was a conference call?

There's more to this than already posted, that's for sure

iDave
    Free Member

Obvious questions – do you actually owe any of them any money, and do receipts etc stack up?

Smee
    Free Member

uplink – i know – it doesn't make sense does it. there really is no more to this story.

IDave – no i dont owe then any money and my records do stack up.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There's more to this than already posted, that's for sure

Well, from the OP it's easy to deduce they all know each other. Therefore they are probably in cahoots with each other and it's a scam.

Personally, I'd call their bluff. Copy the reciepts, and write each a letter saying you owe them zich, give them the evidence, and tell them to swivel.

Smee
    Free Member

PP – that's what I intend to do if they continue with their BS.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Seems a bit odd that three people, although linked, are all saying you owe them money. But as others have said your receipts will show that you did the work you were paid for. You did keep receipts didn't you? If not then I think the 'retard' title may be pinned on you.

40mpg

I wouldnt do anything until they contact you directly first. Unless they already have your details directly (unlikely if they have contacted school x) I would ask school x not to pass on your details. If itsv a scam they will probably give up if it requires effort tomtrack you down.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

GaryM – He's already stated he has the reciepts. Are you just stirring or trying to sound clever? Because it's not working you know… 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

PeterPoddy why is it stirring, it was a simple enough question and I apologise that I didn't read every post. If he has the receipts then whats the drama about.

Drac

If he has the receipts then whats the drama about.

It's Goan, he likes drama.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Personally, I'd call their bluff. Copy the reciepts, and write each a letter saying you owe them zich, give them the evidence, and tell them to swivel.

Plus an additional invoice for the time taken to do the copying, posting etc 😈

boxelder

The sooner the use of the term 'retard' becomes socially unacceptable, the better in my view. Everybody knows it refers originally to people with (perceived) mental shortcomings, through no fault of their own. It should be in the box with flid and spacca.
    Just my opinion.
    I'm guessing one of the youths has got the maths wrong and the others have jumped on board without checking – behaviour becoming all the more common it seems.

Smee
    Free Member

boxelder – but that definition would appear to fit these people perfectly.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Legal advice needed. Retards throwing allegations about.’ is closed to new replies.