Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • le Tour already ruined
  • rOcKeTdOg

Millar, Valverde & Contador all confirmed in their teams line ups, all convicted cheats. What a great example, cheats do prosper

Hoping for an untarnished winner

warton
    Free Member

yawn. All have served their time. they’ve moved on, why don’t you?

shifter
    Free Member

I think I’ll still be glued to the telly.

corroded
    Free Member

It’s not a proper TDF without a David Millar break. Love him.

njee20
    Free Member

Millar, Valverde & Contador all confirmed in their teams line ups, all convicted cheats. What a great example, cheats do prosper

Huh? Name me a race without a single convicted doper, hardly ruining anything, unless you think every single race in the last century has also been ruined, in which case the fact you care is odd!

Haze

Ruined I tell you, cancelling my trip… 😉

rOcKeTdOg

So you all condone drug cheats then?

I’d like to name a race without convicted cheats but instead of life time bans they all got let back in. Armstrong gets lambasted but everyone else is allowed to continue?

Millar is a disgrace now he proudly displays his ” I was a drug cheat but now I’m clean halo”

chrismac

Warton – because they still benefit from their creating, especially where it was steroids which, if used correctly, give benefits for several years – much longer than their ban

micky
    Free Member

Im really looking forward to it this year. Hoping for a Froome, Contadoor battle. Love the way contador goes on the attack time after time during races. He’s entertaining to watch.

tinsy
    Free Member

Rocketdog, I am surprised at this low level of troll from you.

mrmo
    Free Member

Rocketdog, i take it you don’t bother with football, tennis, motorracing, horse racing etc etc etc. They are all rife with drugs.

This is before you move on to the minor detail that people lie! how many people upsell themselves in a CV, or fail to mention things that matter. As much cheating as taking PEDs in my opinion.

The Tour is entertianment, take it for what it is and don’t bother with the moral stand.

unknown
    Free Member

Presumably the Olympics last year were ruined as well then? After all, Dwain Chambers ran…
    Pretty weak troll.

hugorune

EVERYONE WAS CHEATING! So we ban everyone who raced in the 90’s yes?

rOcKeTdOg

Love the way contador goes on the attack time after time during races

Yes, it’s almost super human isn’t it….oh, wait

mattmbk
    Free Member

Totally agree with Rocketdog, Tour de Farce would be more appropriate as would Wimblecon for the steroid fuelled felt ball swatting currently ruining prime time TV.

njee20
    Free Member

Totally agree with Rocketdog, Tour de Farce would be more appropriate as would Wimblecon for the steroid fuelled felt ball swatting currently ruining prime time TV. sport is entirely pointless because it’s defined by cheaters

FTFY, you’ll not find a single clean sport, move on.

So you all condone drug cheats then?

No, but I don’t understand why you’re shocked. Millar, Contador et al were always racing this year, it’s not like it’s a sudden shock announcement. Last year was also ruined in the same way. And the year before, and the year before that, and indeed the year before that. As was the Olympics, and the Giro, and the Vuelta, and the Dauphine, and the Paris-Nice, and the Paris-Roubaix. See where this is going?

Either you care, or you don’t, hand wringing now seems rather misplaced!

maxray
    Free Member

I changed my opinion of Millar after I read his book. #justsayin 😛

warton
    Free Member

Millar is a disgrace

He’s done more for clean cycling than any other rider in the peloton.

and a damn sight more than you’ll ever do.

mikey74
    Free Member

Rocketdog, i take it you don’t bother with football, tennis, motorracing, horse racing etc etc etc. They are all rife with drugs.

Proof, please.

I find it odd that people i.e. spectators, fans, put so much emotional baggage into professional sporting events. Ultimately, professional sport is shallow and money-orientated, and there purely for the spectacle.

If you want good ole, honest sporting heroes go and support more down-to-earth events such as marathons, Ironman events, triathlons, ultra-marathons, your local Saturday afternoon footie team, etc etc. Those are full of more heroes than you will ever find at professional level sport.

Professional sport is there for one thing only, and that is to entertain. If you are looking for more than that then you are in for a big disappointment.

I will always love the spectacle of the Tour and always will.

rOcKeTdOg

I’m not shocked, just disappointed

njee20
    Free Member

I’m not shocked, just disappointed

Ok then 🙄

No, but I don’t understand why you’re shocked disappointed. Millar, Contador et al were always racing this year, it’s not like it’s a sudden shock announcement. Last year was also ruined in the same way. And the year before, and the year before that, and indeed the year before that. As was the Olympics, and the Giro, and the Vuelta, and the Dauphine, and the Paris-Nice, and the Paris-Roubaix. See where this is going?

Either you care, or you don’t, hand wringing now seems rather misplaced!

Professional sport is there for one thing only, and that is to entertain. If you are looking for more than that then you are in for a big disappointment.

This, I don’t get why people care so much! The Tour will be entertaining, and the presence of some people who have cheated, and some who are cheating does little to detract quite frankly!

rOcKeTdOg

He’s done more for clean cycling than any other rider in the peloton.

and a damn sight more than you’ll ever do.

Blatant baiting aside, there’s really no need to stoop to that level, he’s a convicted cheat, bang to rights so being clean now is irrelevant. As for me doing something towards clean riding I think being disgruntled by it is far more use than you saying it’s ok & ignoring it

njee20
    Free Member

I think being disgruntled by it is far more use than you saying it’s ok & ignoring it

How? Unless you’re acting on it it’s just an opinion. I don’t think you’re helping to clean up cycling by whinging on a forum, but you carry on anyway!

You’re of no use whatsoever.

rOcKeTdOg

As for those saying “why now”, I’ve been saying it since all their convictions, the Tour is the biggest race so brings things to ahead

Right as this is descending into the usual insults because you can’t think of anything constructive to say by the usual suspects I’ll leave you cheat lovers to it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yawn

WADA have a point, shooting dopers at dawn doesn’t promote confessions. Sensible penalties do. to be in the olympics the UCI has to conform to WADA regs. Sorry if that is too simple to get.

mrmo
    Free Member

mikey, have a read of the operacion puerto comments, have a look at the recent horse doping case, have a look at the horse riders who have been banned for drugs, FFS a darts player got banned for drugs use!!! If you believe that only cycling has an issue that is your look out. People cheat, most sports do absolutely nothing.

ransos
    Free Member

Blatant baiting aside, there’s really no need to stoop to that level, he’s a convicted cheat, bang to rights so being clean now is irrelevant.

Yes, and he’s served his ban. Personally, I have more time for a repentant cheat than an unrepentant one.

tang
    Free Member

The rules are the rules I guess. Enjoy the Tdf for the good stuff, there’s plenty. If I’m honest I loved all the racing through the bad years. I won’t let the drugs ruin my formative cycling memories.

njee20
    Free Member

As for those saying “why now”, I’ve been saying it since all their convictions, the Tour is the biggest race so brings things to ahead

Why did you start then? Millar wasn’t exactly the first to be busted.

Maurice Garin ruined it really, at least be consistent.

mikey74
    Free Member

mikey, have a read of the operacion puerto comments, have a look at the recent horse doping case, have a look at the horse riders who have been banned for drugs, FFS a darts player got banned for drugs use!!! If you believe that only cycling has an issue that is your look out. People cheat, most sports do absolutely nothing.

I wasn’t arguing. It was just a question, but motor racing?

federalski
    Free Member

Blatant baiting aside

😀

mattmbk
    Free Member

njee20
    Professional cycling is entirely pointless because it’s defined by cheaters.

hammerite
    Free Member

I’m surprised Millar has got a ride, he’s been awful all season!

Anyway, Millar, Contador and Valverde at least got busted for their wrong doing. I’m guessing there’ll be some riders lining up who have been (maybe still are) on the PEDs, but never been caught – that’s a lot worse.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Right as this is descending into the usual insults because you can’t think of anything constructive to say by the usual suspects I’ll leave you cheat lovers to it.

…and chuck out all of your albums while you’re at it…bloody musicians and their performance enhancing drugs…they’re a DISGRACE!

njee20
    Free Member

Professional cycling is entirely pointless because it’s defined by cheaters.

And tennis, at the very least according to your post. My point is that every sport has cheaters, sport is rife with it. Competition of any sort is rife with it!

Someone got busted for doping at a sportive in New York, so amateur cycling isn’t much better.

It’s a little hypocritical to highlight certain sports.

warton
    Free Member

Blatant baiting aside, there’s really no need to stoop to that level, he’s a convicted cheat, bang to rights so being clean now is irrelevant

He is co – owner of the Garmin team, the first team in the peloton to really take an anti-doping stance, they began taking this stance after he became part owner. garmin is the blueprint for all the other teams, in how to cultivate an anti doping environment within a team.

He sits on WADAs athletes panel, giving WADA advice about catching dopers, and how to encourage non doping sport (not just cycling)

So, he’s a little more than ‘clean now’

njee20
    Free Member

But Rocketdog’s on a forum bleating, he’s doing way more!

mudshark
    Free Member

Millar is my favourite Pro – a great guy. I reckon life time bans now would be a good thing though.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Any good story in enhanced by the inclusion of villains. It’ll make me smile every time A Contador move doesn’t come off and may even let out a laugh if he gets dropped on a climb.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘le Tour already ruined’ is closed to new replies.