Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Late night Bonk
  • cookeaa

I decided a road ride at half nine was the way to avoid the missus reality TV habit.

Halfway through I knew I was low on energy and for the the last five miles home I entered a trance like state where I mentally catalogued the entire contents of the kitchen…

While I sit here nibbling a cookie and chugging a pint of milk, advise me STW nutritional experts on what I should scoff at this the absolute worst time if night to be eating… You have ten minutes.

sirromj

Good bit of cheese on toast under the grill, chopped habanero chilli beneath cheese. Liberally assaulted by black pepper. Obviously.

edit: CapsicumCapsaicin in the chilli may help speed up metabolism 🙂

cookeaa

Bastard!

I want that now, but it’s too much effort and probably not the healthy choice…

I could easily eat half a loaf in toast form…

cookeaa

I’ve just found half a packet of Hobnobs…

MoreCashThanDash

For Goodness Sake recovery drink. Always pick up a couple of bottles when on sale for such emergency use, mainly to stop me destroying every other carb source in the house

cookeaa

Bit late…

goby

Mmm i fancy that cheese on toast too now damn it!

devash
    Free Member

2 bananas, 50g of Ready Brek, big glug of milk, puree it with the hand blender.

Tastes like banana cake mix.

Daffy

For Goodness Sake recovery drink. Always pick up a couple of bottles when on sale for such emergency use, mainly to stop me destroying every other carb source in the house

cookeaa
    Bit late…

TBH – the milk you drank probably got you a decent hit of recovery juice.

stumpy01

<div id=”post-11537253″ class=”bbp-reply-header d-flex justify-content-between p-0 mb-2″>
    <div class=”d-flex justify-content-between w-100″>

<div class=”bbp-reply-author d-flex align-items-center flex-wrap”>devash
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””></div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”d-flex align-items-center”></div>

</div>
    </div>

<div class=”p-0 loop-item-7 user-id-41616 bbp-parent-forum-180315 bbp-parent-topic-11536966 bbp-reply-position-8 even post-11537253 reply type-reply status-publish hentry”>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content p-0″>

2 bananas, 50g of Ready Brek, big glug of milk, puree it with the hand blender

</div>
    </div>

Interesting. I used to do pretty much the same; milk, banana & 2 digestives blitzed with a hand blender.

….and a can of mackerel, although obviously not thrown into that mix!

cookeaa

Well it ended up being a pint of milk, a choc-chip cookie that my daughter had made earlier, 3 hobnobs and two slices of toast with chunks of mature cheese on (proper cheese on toast appealed but was too much effort/waiting)…

So all the Carbs and sugars going, probably an easy 600+ calories, and I reckon I could have happily stuffed down twice as much again…

I’m not normally that hungry after a ride I think the last minute choice to go for a ride at a later than normal time, getting a wee bit colder, coupled with eating less during the day than normal and not taking any snacks just meant I was bloody ravenous when I got home…

An unplanned night ride seems to have thrown my metabolism into disarray, but I did actually really enjoy going out for a quiet solo spin round the local lanes on a Sunday night…

matt_outandabout

Late night Bonk

Not the thread I was expecting.

slowoldman

Dripping.

Kahurangi

Late night Bonk

Try asking the wife but she’ll probably tell you to sort it out yourself…

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

MoreCashThanDash

A provisional thanks for this tip, as I often have severe carb cravings.

I’ve got into a horrible habit of demolishing a 6-pack of hot cross buns (1000+ Calories) at work on top of a meal deal, but instead of just using these For Goodness Shakes at home for after hard rides, I’ve grabbed them as the meal deal drink and not bought the buns plus not felt the urge to buy them later on way back from delivery.

Early days but seems I’ve lost a bit of weight, might have a chance of getting uner 80Kg for Xmas and maybe getting back to sub 76Kg like last Jan might be possible if this continues. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Late night Bonk’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM