Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Last day off work Glentress or Carron valley?.
  • stanfree
    Free Member

Tomorrow is my last day off till next Thursday , been out on the local tracks Sunday , Pentlands Monday but cant make up my mind whether to travel 30 miles to Gt (Which I've been to loads off times) or 45 miles to Carron Valley (which Ive never been to). I know Gt is closed from above Spooky Woods but haven't been since last November so missing it big time .
    Or maybe I should just stay local and and give the dog a good run along side me.

Any Ideas?.

dmoffitt90
    Free Member

Carron valley will have alot of snow aswell so not really worth it. If you know where your going Cambusbarron in Stirling would be a good shout

stanfree
    Free Member

Cambusbarron is a new one on me , so seems a long way to try and find some tracks I may not even find . But thanks anyway .

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    coogan
    Free Member

Innerleithen if its clear.

stanfree
    Free Member

Thought about Traquair but surely If Spooky woods is snowy Innerleithen will be the same.

scotabroad

carron valley ok if you are going that way anyway, but not worth a longish drive imo.

radoggair
    Free Member

forget carron valley, went on Sunday and car park still snow covered and trails over a foot deep, some 2 feet deep in places. It was so bad, i got there, met 2 guys who biked 200m but turned back. i just left without even trying.

You want somewhere clear, try drumlanrig. Techy, fast and suprisingly good fun

EuroClive
    Free Member

No snow down this way, trails riding sweet. Ae – Mabie – Dalbeattie.
    Clive. http://www.mtbskills.eu

dr_death
    Free Member

I'll be mincing around GT tomorrow so that's probably a good reason to avoid it!

(Black Ellsworth – feel free to say Hi)

Northwind

I'd be off to Glentress. But then I love it. And spooky woods being knackered with the snow is a good excuse to not do spooky woods, and do something better twice instead 😉

stanfree
    Free Member

GT it is then . 😕

stanfree
    Free Member

Just back from Gt today and what a cracking day it was ,first time there this year .Cycled up from the hub car park a wee shot on the free ride the Pennels vennel then back along blue velvet back up to Betty Blue then done the rest of the red . Superb conditions and surprisingly busy . Forgot how quick pennels vennel and rooty pie run is .

Northwind

Wow, what a difference, that was still under snow at that bench at the weekend.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Last day off work Glentress or Carron valley?.’ is closed to new replies.