Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • KS Lev – improved remote/alternative remotes
  • honourablegeorge

Did I read somewhere that KS had a nice new remote for the Lev?

Or are there other remotes that will work with it?

enfht
    Free Member

Ain’t the new KS lever odi compatible?

And whilst we’re on the subject, why is the Thomson lever at a 90 degree angle to the bars?

I use a Crank Bros Kronolog with my i950 – now mounted on the left hand side, above the bars

Untitled by davetheblade, on Flickr

sillyoldman
    jamesfts
    Free Member

I’m running a LEV with a 1×10 setup.

Currently using a modified X.9 shifter as a remote, there are lighter setup out there but looks very OEM, tidy cable routing and ergonomic.

Just a thought.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I used an old Crank Bros Joplin lever under the bars.

It was a lot better than the original lever, easier to use, and the cable didn’t get in the way of the brake when you put it in the ideal place.

Probably modify an old LH shifter now if I still had it.

deano8
    Free Member

Modified slx lh shifter here to, just feels right..
    Picked up a new one cheap here and angle grind away:)

jam-bo

have you got the ODI compatible lev remote? its about the best and neatest remote on the market.

akak
    Free Member

I have the ODI remote but I don’t use lock on grips, I don’t mind the lever but the noodle is an awkward fit with my hope brake. Like the look of the southpaw if it isn’t expensive.

honourablegeorge

jam bo – Member
    have you got the ODI compatible lev remote? its about the best and neatest remote on the market.

Yep, it’s an ergonomic disaster. Don’t liek it at all. And the way the cable loops out onto the brakes annoys me too.

That Southpaw lever was the one I was thinking of, thanks folks.

Northwind

Always liked the Lev one tbh, suppose it does depend on your brakes but it’s well protected, doesn’t stab you in a crash, reasonably light feel and I can get it where I want it (which is nowhere near the grips! No idea how anyone can do that integrated thing)

stevied
    Free Member

After seeing this thread it got me thinking about a mod for my Lev lever similar to the southpaw one. I’ve finished machining it so need to fit to see if it works…will update later!

stevied
    Free Member

It works really well. What do you guys reckon?

Looks pretty good – I think the CB one I’m using is a bit neater though

convert

Not bad Steve – now if it could just be rotated 90 degrees and slid a little closer to the grips it would be perfect 😉

matther01
    Free Member

I use flexi v brake noodles on mine which makes things marginally better…but will be looking to get a southpaw.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘KS Lev – improved remote/alternative remotes’ is closed to new replies.