Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Knee pad recommendations
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I’m looking for some new pads as my 661 Evo (d3o ones) are a bit tatty now. Other than POC or another pair of evo pads, what’s good in the soft style pads these days?

jam-bo

tried some of the new dainese ones on the other day. seemed comfy in the shop.

jedi

Scott rocket

coogan
    Free Member

I got those Fox ones last year for the Spain trip. All seemed fine.

atlaz
    Free Member

Anyone know what the difference between the POC VPD and the VPD 2.0 is?

razorrazoo

I’ve got a pair of the Leatt 3df ones (replaced 661 straits). Nice and low profile and not overly hot, happy so far.

transition1
    Free Member

ION K_Pact are great kneepads
    very comfy, don’t notice them on long rides & come in Black or Blue

packer
    Free Member

Atlaz – did you have any complaints about the 661 Evo D30 ones? I fancy a pair of those myself…

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

The VPD2 are the newer version of the pad

Really been surprised how good the TLD KG5450 have been,considering they have no straps, they move less than any other pad I’ve tried.

The Leatt ones were useless I found,bought a pair and found there was a huge gap behind the knee cap, a quick google suggested that’s a fairly common issue.

I like the POC’s for DH days,m&s they have a bit more coverage round the side of the knee’s and don’t bunch up horribly like the old 661KS used to.

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

RaceFace Flank knee/shin, or they also do a knee only version, no idea the name of it. D30 job, light, comfy, going on two years and no real sign of wear. And ive landed on them a good few times as well. Don’t even seem to smell as much as some others i’ve seen but that could just be luck.

lcj

Just started using the G Form pads here. Seem good so far, sizing is funny but they dont get as hot as my old Race Face Digs and seem to have pretty good coverage

mudsoul
    Free Member

Another recommendation for G-form pads if you don’t mind the minimalism. Also see Bliss ARG kneepads.

atlaz
    Free Member

Packer – I really like them and am leaning towards a new set but I wanted to try some alternatives before I do. I have the 2008 vintage and they’re just a bit tatty now b

ben10
    Free Member

I got some race/face ones a wile back very good and not to heavy a lot nicer than my old 661’s

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I use these ruccanor ones. Honestly I think they are fantastic.

pinch_flat
    Free Member

Has anyone had a bad crashed while wearing D30 pads? I’m really interested in getting a pair of the race face flanks but have heard mixed responses to the effectiveness of D30.

Also for those that have moved from normal plastic capped pads to D30, how much of a difference is there in overheating and general comfort?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Knee pad recommendations’ is closed to new replies.