Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • KLEIN ATTITUDE COMP-ARE THE HOLES A DISC MOUNT??
  • exeterben
    Free Member

Bit of a techy question…I have just built up a small klein attitude comp, about 99/00 ish i think so well into the trek period.Wanting to fit discs to it… It has 2 holes on the left hand chainstay near the dropout end-are these to attach a bolt on dosc mount? Anyone?

Or is there an a2z adaptor or something?

thanks all..

pinches
    Free Member

you need one of these

carlosg
    Free Member

one of these

Hi, just built one of these up for a mate.

the holes are for an old Hayes rear caliper that is no longer in production but the A2Z mount will convert this to international standard ,HOWEVER it will require the disc upgrading to one 20mm-25mm larger .
    you'll also need quite a few shims as it leaves quite a large gap between mount and caliper , I custom made a pair of spacers from the large spacers from v brake pads (the one that alter pad angle)

The only problem here is that only a caliper designed for a 140mm-145mm rotor (needing a 160mm-165mm once A2Z adaptor is fitted)will fit as anything bigger would foul the seatstay and not fit in the gap.

exeterben
    Free Member

I have seen those but thats not the position of the holes. They are on the chainstay itself, near the dropout and the holes are vertical rather than horizontal. Hmm…

pinches
    Free Member

right well, i had a '00 attitude, and an '01 OCLV carbon, and that is the adaptor you need to run a disc (i went through a phase of buying treks)

if you aren't sure, send me a photo of said dropout.

rolfharris
    Free Member

If it's on the chainstay, not the seatstay, then the adaptor shown by Carlos (a Hayes 22mm mount adaptor) will sort the problem, but as he says only a very small caliper (i.e. a 140mm rotor one, which is the same fitting as a 160mm front) will fit. It may require some bodging.

exeterben
    Free Member

Tricky then. I was going to run old lx discs with a 160mm 6 bolt rotor. Would this not be compatible then I take it?

exeterben
    Free Member

I am very happy to bodge, incidentally, and as its 'her' bike, not fussed if it looks like it was made by a committee either…

pinches
    Free Member

Like that?

"A2Z AD-PMR" adaptor from that, to IS as above

carlosg
    Free Member

Here's the one I built

rolfharris
    Free Member

LX discs use adaptors to fit, don't they? You could make it work with a front 160mm shimano mount (like the one in the link) as well as the mount above, then it'd fit.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=13743

I'd say stick with the real shimano part as I found many other adaptors just wouldn't fit shimano calipers.

treksimon
    Free Member

Carlosg has it bob on.

nonk
    Free Member

hold on.

nonk
    Free Member

right then in my hand i have a hope closed two that fits straight on there with no mount.if you want it its yours?

exeterben
    Free Member

Hi all thanks for your help….I have found the following adapter online for about £16 posted from Toronto. Seems to work with my lx rear caliper by the look of it…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘KLEIN ATTITUDE COMP-ARE THE HOLES A DISC MOUNT??’ is closed to new replies.