Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • kirroughtree. is it covered in snow? and how ae looking too?
  • joemetcalfm
    Free Member

were off to kirroughtree at the weekend and i cant wait. whos been up there this week? is it a mess with snow? doing ae too any info would be great. cheers

BoardinBob

Keep an eye here

http://7stanes.blogspot.com/

I'm staying at Marthrown of Mabie on Saturday so I'm very interested too!

carbon337
    Free Member

Im interested too… group of us there on Sunday.

forge197
    Free Member

Kirroughtree so I am told is ok as the snow was to the east of the region, I may pop out later and take a look around Ae, Mabie and Dalbeattie, will report back if I get a chance to do that.

I have a weekend of riding ahead of us, though I'd have no issue spending the weekend at Kirroughtree as it's ace so that is my plan B, I would though expect Dalbeattie to be ok due to it's location, but can't confirm that.

mafiafish
    Free Member

Was at Ae on sunday. The trails were entirely snow free, pretty muddy in sections though (bleeeuugh).
    If you ring the bike shop there before you set off they'll give you a better idea of trail conditions. Or check on the 7 stanes website.

mick_r

We were up week before last. It dumped snow a few miles inland but Kirroughtree stayed clear (almost on the coast I suppose).

Cafe where you turn off the main road was OK and doing good trade – think he is rightly taking advantage of FC cafe being shut all winter.

taka
    Free Member

we went 2 weeks ago an inch of snow fell both nights but it didn't affect the forest 😉 although there has been more snow since i think 😉

Northwind

Kirroughtree's pretty low level, the highest point's only about 240m metres I think? So that should make a big difference. It had better, since we're going in 2 weeks…

vim_fuego
    Free Member

Did Kirroughtree yesterday, totally clear, minute amount right at the furthest point out on the black, on the steep little climb, just made it a bit muddy, everywhere else perfect.
    Dalbeattie on saturday was perfect, loads of grip.
    BUT, we had snow today in west Cumbria at sea level, right opposite on the solway Firth. But looking over the water today it did look clear, if that helps.

scotabroad

Was a bit of snow in Dumfries ( a few inches) last night but I dont think there will be enough up on the trails at Ae and Mabie to cause much of a problem, most of it has gone in town anyway

forge197
    Free Member

Just done a drive around Ae, Dalbeattie and Mabie to get a feel for local conditions, Dalbeattie entirley clear, bit of snow around the car park at Mabie and Ae looked pretty clear. I think you'd be ok at most of the trails this weekend.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘kirroughtree. is it covered in snow? and how ae looking too?’ is closed to new replies.