Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kinesis Carbon forks thoughts – alternatives?
  • RoganJosh
    Free Member

Tapered steerer, lightweight, carbon, any thoughts on these? Cheaper than niner.

I weigh about 90kgs, gonna be too heavy? Alternatively is there anything out there the same but with an alloy steerer? Has to be tapered.

takisawa2

Was going to say Exotic, but somewhat odd that they do a 26″ tapered carbon but not a 29″… 😕

TomHill
    Free Member

Excellent forks. Manage to achieve the delicate balance of flexibility in a good way with precise steering and tracking. I do find they flex slightly under braking and can amplify any judder from the rotors, but no more do than other rigid forks I’ve ridden. Nice and long too.

rewski
    Free Member

They were good enough for Mike Hall.

T666DOM

Click

I bought a set of these, £60 delivered they’ve been spot on, full carbon steerer, I weigh about 85kg & they’ve held up fine.

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Great thanks all, I looked at that eBay link but appear to ace expired, may go ahead with the kinesis forks then after the advice.

T666DOM

I emailed the seller and bought them direct with Paypal, worked out cheaper that way than ebay, only took a week or so for shipping.

c_klein87

i’ve used Niner carbon forks and chinese forks and there has been a ride quality difference, the niner forks give much better feedback and twang, compared to chinese forks which are incredibly stiff and unforgiving! can’t comment on Kinesis forks, i expect they’re somewhere inbetween

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis Carbon forks thoughts – alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.