Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Kids trailer review Qeridoo
  • bruk

Been looking for a trailer for hauling the kids around the local lanes and in the forest and possibly taking to school/nursery. The cheap ones from Halfords etc just seemed very flimsy and pretty rubbish really and stalking Ebay wasn’t proving too fruitful as anything decent was collection only or went above my budget.

So took to the internet and came across the Qeridoo range from Germany. Took the plunge and ordered a Sportex 2 for about £300. It arrived in 4 days fully tracked along with a spare mount so I can use it on more than one bike.

Out of the box pretty easy to assemble. Pull the roof up and slide a bar back to hold in place. Pop the wheels on just like buggy wheels, fold the trailer arm out and we are ready to go.

Seems well built, comfy padded 5 point harness to hold the little monsters in and headrests too. Couple of storage pockets in the main compartment. Big boot to fit stuff in. The suspension passed the bouncing up and down in the car park test too.

It came with a quick release front wheel to turn it into an enormous buggy too.

It is bloody wide, won’t fit through standard doors. Even folded it took up most of the boot of my 5 series estate. Will need to invest in a seperate rain cover if I am going to use it in truly dodgy weather. The front buggy wheel has a soft rubbery tyre and not sure how that would hold up to prolonged use on rough ground.

1st trip out was a quick bramble hunt round the local lanes. Easy to mount to the bike, can lay the bike down flat so don’t have to fit a kickstand. Youngest fell asleep and the eldest called me a slowcoach as 2 guys on road bikes overtook me uphill.

Took it out to Delamere today. Forgot the dog’s lead so she went in with the boys till we got out of the car park to the woods. No complaints about it being too bumpy. The eldest’s balance bike slotted into the boot ok along with some supplies. Rolled fine and most noise came from the boys wanting to go faster.

Pretty happy with the purchase so far.

[/url]Qeridoo by Moose, on Flickr[/img]

kimbers

Nice!

JoeG
    Free Member

Are the wheels 650b? 😉

bruk

Not 650b I’m afraid. That revelation hasn’t made it to the trailer market yet. However anyone walking through the forest was in no doubt of how alive 2 small boys were judging by the noise on the downhill bits.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Hi Bruk,

Thanks for replying to my other post – thought I’d continue the conversation over here.

Please can you do me a big favour – can you measure the internal width, i.e. inside of frame to inside of frame.

Was it these guys you bought from:

https://www.kj-world.de/en/bike-child-trailer-sportrex-green-jogger-baby-jogger/a-706/

bruk

Hi DiscJockey, sorry just picked up your reply.

Whipped it out of the shed and the distance frame to frame at the top is about 60cm. The claim for shoulder width probably includes give in the material at the side as measuring across the base of the seats it is 60 cm as well.

It was that company I bought it from and pretty much hassle free. Paid by Paypal from memory and delivered it to my work very promptly. As you can see they do other colours as well in case that is important.

Haven’t measured the inside of the other trailers though and they may make similar claims using the flex of the cloth re shoulder width.

[/url]Qeridoo Sportrex by Moose, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]Qeridoo Sportrex by Moose, on Flickr[/img]

snownrock

Bookmarked

trickydisco
    Free Member

how are you finding it now?

I’m looking at one of these for my 4 month old. Seems good value compared to the others out there.

how do you find it as a buggy?

bruk

Have to admit haven’t used it as a buggy. Wheel is quite small and non pneumatic so may not be brilliant. Kids love it, easy to tow and with start of decent weather aiming to use it for school run a couple of times a week now. Have fitted 2 small spaniel sized dogs, an 18 mth old, a balance bike and a picnic in it.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Wheel is quite small and non pneumatic so may not be brilliant.

yea.. that was the only downside for me. I noticed some of the other makes have a pneumatic front tyre

bruk

Been using it as buggy/seat in the garden the last couple of days as youngest loves sitting in it whilst wheeled around on the grass after dropped eldest off at school. Works smoothly on grass at least and stable when he is climbing in and out.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Anyone good at german?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgunZ355kMQ[/video]

Where did he get that front wheel and brake from? Can’t see it on their site

trickydisco
    Free Member

Just bought one!!

bruk

Enjoy it. Front wheel came with mine along with a pushing handle that is detachable. Brake is foot operated down at the back of the buggy, mine occ sticks on when used but otherwise works well.

Post a pic of 1st ride next week then.

Edit, just watched video and see what you mean. Haven’t seen that. Have you tried Qeridoo direct?

trickydisco
    Free Member

Have you tried Qeridoo direct?

I have. I emailed them (before seeing that video) asking if they were intending to make a pneumatic front wheel and they said no

Really want to know where that guy got it from

bruk

eBay?

front wheel

Might just be bracket but a wee wheel and qr can’t be that hard to find

Says up to 2013 and mounting bracket does look different so may be worth emailing for dimensions of mounting bracket.

trickydisco
    Free Member

Damn it.. Just been told no stock till June 26th (despite seller saying it had been dispatched!)

takisawa2

Its not a trailer till its rocking some genuine 80’s Tuff Wheels…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/6bFq9Q]IMG_6529[/url] by pten2106, on Flickr

Brings back happy memories.
    Doubt I’d squeeze one of them in now, let alone pull the thing along. 🙂

[url=https://flic.kr/p/6bFpEj]IMG_6528[/url] by pten2106, on Flickr

Oh, & are those the Special “New Subscriber Only” pedals on there…nice.

trickydisco
    Free Member

DAs said earlier. They don’t have stock until the end of June but they have offered me a BXTrailers SE2 ?!

Looking online this used to be joytrax which was then bought out

Don’t know whether to hang on a month for the qeridoo or go for this (the seller has said the SE2 is worth more)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Kids trailer review Qeridoo’ is closed to new replies.