Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Kids mountain bike races.
  • Soup
    Free Member

Hi all,

Soup Junior is ready for his first race. He’s 10. Trouble is unless I’m being blind, I cannot find any races for this age category. I live in Surrey but would travel further away if need be.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

weeble
    Free Member

Take a look at the British Cycling website and search for ‘GO Race’ events.

joemarshall
    Free Member

The Gorrick Races have under 10 and under 12 categories, and are in Surrey. First Autumn one in October.

http://www.gorrick.com/racing/index.php

Their adult races are brilliant, so I imagine they make a good job of the kids ones too.

soma_rich
    Free Member

The big bike bash has more kids races than adult races. He has much more chance of getting freebies or winning. And its more laid back than an XC race.

DezB
    Free Member

My boy did a few Gorrick ones when he was about 5 or 6. The courses are great.

He has far more fun doing the Big Bike Bash events though! (Tickets still available as far as I know 🙂 )

oldgit
    Free Member

He could race in the U12s at cyclocross events, most of the kids just ride MTB’s

julianwilson
    Free Member

BBB +1 Not that I’m excited about it or anything.

British Mountain Bike Series always seems to have kids races in the morning on a much shorter and easier course. Don’t know about the other big enduros but the Bontrager 24:12 has a mini-enduro for kids on a short course a couple of hours before the big race starts 24:12 aqnd BMBS ones for under 12 years or so were also free of charge as far as I remember. Cyclo-cross for kids also good as it’s cheap, the course isn’t usually dangerous and you get to go before all the grownups churn the course into horribleness.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

If you don’t mind coming as far as Bedgebury we have a race series during the summer. Only 2 races left this year, but it’s fun, well organised and we cater for all ages from 6 upwards.

Bedgebury races

The final race of the year isn’t on the calender yet but it will be soon… If you want any more info give me a shout – email in profile.

Boris

Soup
    Free Member

Thanks all. I’ll get my diary and sort something out. Cheers for the replies.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Kids mountain bike races.’ is closed to new replies.