Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Kia Soul – any experiences ? …just bought one !
  • iainc

….for the wife 😀

had narrowed it down to nearly new/preregistered one of these or Hyundai ix20, largely due to the long warranty. Use will be as second car, school runaround and doing about 6k miles pa. Got a VERY good end of month deal on a 9 month old 1.6 petrol ‘tempest’ with 3k miles and not a mark on it. full 7 yr warranty, 3 yr 0% finance, 3 yrs free servicing and a better trade in on the other car than we had been quoted elsewhere.

Test drive seemed ok, probably not much of a motorway cruiser with it’s 18 inch alloys ! but comfy seats and the kids were blow away with the reversing camera !

Plan will be to run it into the ground and keep for the full 7 yrs of the warranty.

so what’s not to like ?

chainslapp
    Free Member

I had one as a courtesy car from Lookers Stockport a couple of weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised as to how good it was.

Like this one.

chainslapp
    Free Member

I had one as a courtesy car from Lookers Stockport a couple of weeks ago and I was pleasantly surprised as to how good it was.

Like this one.

iainc

its this one we got – colour is actually silver although looks a bit green in that pic

Harry_the_Spider

I like the look of it.

iainc

HTS – yeah, that’s what the wife said too ! a bit ‘different’ but loads of space for the kids, nice high driving position, relatively cheap to buy and run

Harry_the_Spider

Go on then… how much?

List price, not what you paid.

project
    Free Member

They do look a nice quirky car.

Bit of gaffer tape on the badge and people will ask what it is, is it big inside, meaning smallish windows , and steep sides do this make it feel small inside.

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

korean cars are really looking good now, kia and hyundai new models are a very viable option when you consider their warranties.

and who cares for badge snobs, i can remember rover drivers laughing at skoda drivers……

iainc

HTS – list is 13K, we were a big chunk under that.

project – quite roomy – we are trading in a cmax and the Kia is smaller overall but about the same inside (although the boot is a fair bit smaller than the Ford)

iainc

doctornick – yeah, that seems to be the way it is going, plus the deals they are giving on servicing and finance are way beyond the likes of VW and Citroen, which we also looked at

PePPeR

I’ve been looking at getting one in the future to replace our old Sedona, we don’t need the huge size any more so are going to downsize when the Sedona eventually dies.

Anyone put a towbar bike rack on one?

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i like them, think one is defo on the list when my fiesta dies.

its nice to have something different, its great not being a badge snob!

Sheriff_Fatman

Had mine a year now and still love it. No major issues – the electric window mechanism was replaced under a recall (precautionary, it was working fine at the time) and I had the rear seat catch replaced under warranty as it wasn’t locking back in place.
    I’ve found it fun an comfortable to drive, reasonably economical and a slightly funky sensible car. It’s also easy to find in car parks as there still seems to be so few of them around!

iainc

Sheriff – thanks for that, good to get some real world feedback. I am quite impressed with the Spec etc – having a 5 yr old a 9 yr old the combo of colour reversing cameras and subwoofers really swung it 😀

rob-jackson
    Free Member

i really like em 🙂

baa
    Free Member

I’ve just got one as well. Very pleased with it. Got the same problem with the rear seat catch. Dose anyone use a rear mounted bike rack?

RustySpanner

I really like them.

We looked very, very hard at Kia recently, the only thing that put us off was the attitude of the local dealers – they seem to know they’re onto a good thing 🙂

Not that many Souls about second hand yet, definitely one for a future shortlist – plenty of room, nice engines, good quality, great warranty.
    Very pleasant looking in the flesh too.

iainc

sheriff and baa – did you get petrol or diesel, and do you have the big wheels ? the 18 inch wheels kind of put me off – seems like form over function for a family runaround. Our won’t do many miles so should be ok, although they will get kerbed to bits in no time 😈

petrol engine doesn’t get great reviews but for our mileage it was a no brainer

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

In white they remind me of a Stormtrooper helmet:

I’d consider one.

iainc

that one appears to have the optional ‘pop up breast sunroof ‘ 😀

Sheriff_Fatman

I’ve got a Diesel Soul 2, so it’s got 16″ wheels rather than 18″ low profiles. I think the ride is better with the smaller wheels (and tyres are going to be cheaper) which was my main reason for choosing a Soul 2 rather than a Tempest (the Tempest does look better, but I really quite like the blue that looks green colour of mine). Gripped like a grippy thing in last years snow as well!
    Not used a rear mounted bike rack as I’ve got roof mounts, though I can’t think there’d be any reason why a rear rack wouldn’t work. Note that if you’re looking at roof racks, there’s a 40kg limit on the roof!

Oxboy
    Free Member

I like the look of them they certainly have character! A 7 year warranty too! Sounds like you got a cracking deal.

konabunny
    Free Member

They look awesome. 7 year warranty? Far out! They give you 5 years in Australia and that’s market-leading…

DezB
    Free Member

Cripes! Am I the only one who thinks they are the ugliest thing on the road?? Taken over from the old Multipla.
    Yuech!

hora
    Free Member

Nice looking but it does look quite big for the actual interior space.

Why not the Nissan Cube? I like that 😀

iainc

hora – interior is quite big, not much difference to the cmax it is replacing. rear seat is a bench rather than 3 individuals, but now that our kids are out of child seats it’s fine. loads of leg and headroom. Boot small though, but it only ever has wellies and shopping/school bags in it !

Gary_M
    Free Member

I like the look of them, was just discussing their styling with my son the other day. He likes the look of them too but neither of us can decide if the rear light clusters look good or not.

Some Kia cars look very good at the moment.

iainc

Gary – rear lights do look a bit weird, but so does the rest of the car 😀 I think that’s what I like about it !

But then I do ride a 5 😀

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Kia Soul – any experiences ? …just bought one !’ is closed to new replies.