Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Kevin Mcleod has a double on his own show!
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

Did you see Grand Designs tonight? That bloke Ben looks like a clone of Kevin Mcleod. It’s so confusin!

Another hippy project!

Roscoemck
    Free Member

That’s exactly what we thought.

Here’s a question…..The exterior of that house, including the roof tiles, was entirely made of wood. He didn’t seem to treat or waterproof the wood at all.

Would it not retain damp over the winter and eventually rot? How come I’ve got to treat my shed and fence every year?

Puzzled

Cooroo
    Free Member

Easy for you to write him off as a hippy. I admire the bloke – he’s built all those buildings practically single-handed, from local resources. He really knows his stuff. His home is beautiful, his kids look happy, the lifestyle seems to suit them and is harming no one. Wish I could claim the same.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

He may be a hippy but he knows his stuff and is prepared to graft. Not like the hippy dippy ones you get on Grand designs that don’t have a clue

AS for the timber treatment – its hardwood so will last without treatment – your fence is made of fast grown softwood.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i really like that house, and the bloke seems pretty genuine. but did anyone else appreciate the irony that in the first instance he was living in a tree and about as eco as you can get, yet by the final catch up (an up-date of an update show – got to love modern tv) his house had been turned into a ‘normal’ house full of plastic kids tat!

Spongebob
    Free Member

What I like about these eco warrior types is when they finish their houses, a woman rocks up and then in the update show a baby gets shown off.

Actually, this is a pattern I have noticed with nearly all the Grand Designs episodes. Must be the nesting instinct.

BTW, I don’t hate hippies, just their extreme views on sustainability (like the bloke who installed a composting toilet in his house)

Spongebob
    Free Member

The bloke DID look like Kevin McLeod though.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That house has always been my favourite Grand Design by far. The man, Ben, isn’t a hippy, he’s a woodsman. It’s an ancient craft and a dying one too

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Kevin Mcleod has a double on his own show!’ is closed to new replies.