Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Just when you thought eBay couldn't get more greedy…
  • Jamie
    Free Member

From 4 September, final value fees for all private sellers will change….

Final value fees will be charged based on the combined value of the item listed plus postage. For example, if an item sells for £20 with postage cost of £4, the final value fee will be charged based on the combined value of £24. This will not apply if the listing offers collection only.

Sauce

richpips
    Free Member

Lots of sellers load their postage to avoid seller fees, which won’t work anymore.

Jamie
    Free Member

True. But for those who don’t, they are getting stung.

It was only eBay putting the FVF up to 10% that led to postage fees being inflated, and let’s not forget in some categories you have maximum postage charges.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richpips
    Free Member

So all one needs to do is add an extra £1 for “packing” which will cover £10 worth of postage.

Jamie
    Free Member

You really are not helping to fuel, my apparently baseless, indignation, Rich.

br
    Free Member

other sale outlets are available

richpips
    Free Member

You really are not helping to fuel, my apparently baseless, indignation, Rich.

I know. 🙂

The reality though is for most stuff you’ll get more for your old tat there than anywhere else even with their fees.

Kryton57

I can see jumble sales making a comeback…

julianwilson
    Free Member

I wonder when they will just drop private sellers altogether. 🙁 I expect its becoming less and less worth it for them compared to the cash-cow that is high volume business sellers using them as an easy-to-find shop front (and easy ‘find’ on google shopping searches).

b r – Member

other sale outlets are available

indeed, (I have shifted hundreds of orders on discogs.com for example) but I would love to know how many sites have been quietly bought up and closed down by ebay over the years. Remember when paypal was just one way to pay on any auction/marketplace site? ..and remember when ebay bought them out?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Just when you thought eBay couldn't get more greedy…’ is closed to new replies.